Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
NOX NOX NOXing on heavens door in the ozone :D

You can start by action.

Therefore by releasing access to repair information and emission update flash DVD's soon to come out for sale to all repair shops for a reasonable fee.

All procedures of the car for any repair information to any produced car to be in printed form, or text in PDF; that was prior migrated to the SVM or VAS diagnostic tester.

All charts for codification for each controller, and an explanation as in the past when it was in print when coding was first introduced.

All security access codes in order to configure a controller, and the main SKC, or Component Protection data, made available to the owner of respective vehicle upon sale, or request with proper credentials.

If I ever saw a good reason to not trust the manufacturer for fair release of information to repair a vehicle ......this is one of them.

This should be added to the RTRA!

What you think Axel?

Last edited:

Motorista

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41223
Jack,

well said and I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, most manufacturers have already taken advantage of the complexity of the software to severely restrict the owner's ability to monitor and understand what is going on in his/her car. German manufacturers, especially BMW, are notorious for this, but the Japanese ones are not far behind.

Speaking for myself, for over ten years now the availability of VCDS is one of the reasons, if not the primary one, that I continue to buy VW-group vehicles, but even VCDS has restrictions imposed by the manufacturer, as you point out. Perhaps the silver lining in this whole debacle might be a legal mandate to open up the software architecture to the owners and independent repair shops. Ironic, isn't it, that the same Herr Dr. Prof. Ing. Winterkorn that is now demanding our confidence was the first not to trust us to have the expertise to understand what is going on with our cars' subsystems.
Stefano

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
VW press conference in Chicago to start monetarily............

:vc

Action Emergency DTC which doesn't clear until a proper part is changed.

Give a hoot........ Don't pollute No deletes

Dirty dick birds.........

Hoot Hoot!

Motorista

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41223
Well, now that Winterkorn is gone, hopefully the whole F1/Red Bull plan will be put on hold, or better still dropped. I believe it was Winterkorn's idea and I don't think it was a good one. Better focus on the product and, at least in North America, the dealers, imo.
Stefano

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I'm numb .......I called it 6 years ago........fell on DEAF ears, when speaking out at VAG and EPA and the NASTF!
I was discredited.........Fuck em! They deserve it now!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Y'all don't think American diesels are really any better, do ya?

prius-repellent.jpg

:D

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Wanna talk about cheating .................

Brake pads at dealer.......... for a 2010 TDI........ are $200 USD
WTF! is that all about?

Trust starts by doing things which are trustworthy........:banghead:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
"Cycle Beating" is not new and is VW is certainly not the only company that engages in it.

From 2-1/2 years ago:

A Mercedes, four BMWs, and two Mazdas all were within the Euro 6 limits when tested during the mandatory specified drive cycle (the New European Drive Cycle), but many times here when tested on a totally different (BAB) highway cycle:

Myz2WP1.png

Full details here:
https://www.iea.org/media/workshops/2013/gfeilabelling/09.IEAWorkshop_ADAC_greenscoring_EN.pdf

-Uwe-

rucklet

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=14863
For 98% of Americans: (and also the rest 2 % ) :-)

When VW here in Sweden got these systems with catalyst and lambdasond about 1987 or so, we learned that NOx was a definition of all possible combinations of nitrogen and oxygen where the x stands for an unknown number of oxygen molecules. Today most people here thinks that NOx is a gas of its own...

and most of us are still alive. :-)

btw: since 1987 where I work we are 2 persons remaining, me and a guy at spare parts. The others weren't/wasn't (? sorry forgot all gramma since school...) even born 1987...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-YCTNSm5tA&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Back