Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheaters? Recalls? Discuss

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Thanks Jack,

I guess I had assumed that things were further along than they are. I dropped by one of the local VW dealers last week, and he told me that they were supposed to know by the end of yesterday what was happening. (He said they have 50 new TDI's in-stock that they haven't been able to sell).
    So, according to the article you posted above, I guess all that has been determined is the value(s)? And there still is no proposed fix?

So Jack, as a guy that's in the industry, do you have any predictions? Are they going to "fix" them or scrap them?

If the future of these cars is still unknown, I guess I should probably go back to ignoring "dieselgate" and carry on about my business.
    Problem is, I'm in the mood for another car. Not because I need one really, but just for a change.
    I was thinking of selling one of my old VE TDI cars and buying a newer one...2010 perhaps.
    (I also went to look at a 1990 G60 Corrado this afternoon...and forget about the newer cars and just keep running my Golf for my work car. Plan B I guess).

I just wish there were other good options for FE/MPG that wouldn't break the bank (and weren't in the middle of a scandal).
    Late build 2006 White Jetta BRM 5spd. Mile eater.

3. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand........ VAG are going to offer to fix them and or buy them back, in addition to a cash payout for damage awards.

If you are unhappy with the repair fix, you can still exercise an option to have purchased back.

All cars that are purchased back by VAG, are to be destroyed, & not even permitted for export.

Details are still being hashed out day to day.

You are better off with a VE in my opinion.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Eric, Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are unhappy with the repair fix, you can still exercise an option to have purchased back.
    Ok, so I was reading another article that it is unlikely that VAG will be unable to easily "fix" the 2009-2014 cars, and that the "fix" pertains more to the 2015-2016 models.
    Any comments Jack? Since you know these engine/emission systems and I do not.

And, if I understand everything correctly, the payback/cash award business is only for pre-existing owners, correct? If I was to buy one of these cars, now in August, I wouldn't be entitled to anything because I'm buying a "Problem Car". Is this correct?

Well, that is definitely an option. One car has 135k miles on it, and the other 215k miles, so they're good for a while yet. They both run like new, but they do need some $$$ spent on non-TDI specific repairs, and I'm just trying to decide whether to do them or not.

Thanks for your replies. I guess maybe I'll follow Dieselgate a little closer, at least for the short term.

I've seen a couple CR TDI's pop up in the classifieds for decent asking prices. A 2010 TDI Golf and a 2010 TDI Jetta, both with asking prices of $8500 bucks, which seems low for my area. The Golf is gone now, and there's not another one available used for a 1000 miles. Otherwise, these cars are usually priced well enough into the teens. It doesn't seem like the scandal has affected used prices all that much....well, hasn't affected asking prices at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1. If you want economical and reliable, stay with a mk4 VE. If you want to make power, just buy a gasser.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so I was reading another article that it is unlikely that VAG will be unable to easily "fix" the 2009-2014 cars, and that the "fix" pertains more to the 2015-2016 models.
    Any comments Jack? Since you know these engine/emission systems and I do not.

And, if I understand everything correctly, the payback/cash award business is only for pre-existing owners, correct? If I was to buy one of these cars, now in August, I wouldn't be entitled to anything because I'm buying a "Problem Car". Is this correct?
    RTFB the litigation + settlement guidelines.......the information is out there.

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/

Post Thanks / Like
    RTFB the litigation + settlement guidelines.......the information is out there.

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/
    Thanks for the links. OK, let me try this a different way...

What is YOUR expert OPINION Jack on what the "fix" will involve for the 2009-2016 cars?
    What are you predicting with regards to fix/scrap, and the fixes effect on Power, MPG, and resale?

Post Thanks / Like
    What is YOUR expert OPINION Jack on what the "fix" will involve for the 2009-2016 cars?
    What are you predicting with regards to fix/scrap, and the fixes effect on Power, MPG, and resale?

"CORE CONTROL" is aware of your questions and is processing data at this time for violations of Canon Law.

NostraJackAss has no quatrain prophecies to share during this ministration.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...ficials-gather
    Dozens of Volkswagen Group executives in Germany have hired U.S. criminal defense lawyers as the Justice Department ramps up meetings with managers to gather evidence that may lead to charges, people familiar with the matter said.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

13. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh this is just the tip and there is no chunk of Vaseline on it......

15. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post