Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: Cheaters? Recalls? Discuss

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Wake me up if/when VW defaults on any of those bonds.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wake me up if/when VW defaults on any of those bonds.

-Uwe-
    OKAY!

Should l bring the donuts & coffee before market trading starts for projected guess charts?

Buy the DIP?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "Buy the Fucking Dip" has indeed worked for just about 10 years now.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fuckin FOOL HIGHWAY!

I love black 911's

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stunning isn't it?

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/21/...iesel-scandal/

German prosecutors have recorded calls between VW bigwigs talking dieselgate

8. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...emissions-tech

BMW, Daimler and VW charged with collusion over emissions

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/e...missions-tech/

EU regulators charge BMW, Daimler, VW with colluding against emissions tech

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe there is a reason for the tariffs, huh?

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...-trump-tariffs

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Maybe there is a reason for the tariffs, huh?

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...-trump-tariffs
    Jack: I'm not sure which side of the tariff debate you sit - but as a clearly intelligent bloke, I assume that you are ruled by reason and cogent argument. Personally, I admit to being somewhat of an "eco-rat" (it's a shortened version for the Aussie term "economic rationalist") -so my preference is for liberal policies that allow markets to operate with the least amount of Government intervention.

My problem with how I understand Mr Trump's tariff proposal is that I don't see why it won't just mean more profit for American industrialists and higher prices for American consumers? Fact is that most manufacturers of stuff (be they American, or foreign) are driven by the principle of price maximization and cost minimization. The thing that provides a discipline to this ethic should be unrestrained commercial competition and minimal government intervention only where commercial competition is found wanting.

When countries were developing their international trade credentials and their fledgling industries (as was the case last century)- modest tariffs had a legitimate role. But in the 21st century and for a country which has one of the world's most significant economic markets -is tariff imposition really in USA's best interest?

It's all so eloquently summarized in the principle of comparative advantage

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Don,

"credentials "
    What like good engineering judgement?

Personally, I'm for low cost trade but it needs to be with balance in addition to anti dumping enforcement and indeed markets are disrupted worldwide by such over production to force a burn out strategy & that wastes resources and destroys the infrastructure + environment by means of cheating the rules of the game & that is captured by essentially self regulation.

"We swear it comports, honest, signed the dumper!"

Right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    My problem with how I understand Mr Trump's tariff proposal is that I don't see why it won't just mean more profit for American industrialists and higher prices for American consumers?
    What Trump really wants is no tariffs in either direction. Tariffs on cars coming into the US from from Europe have been 2.5%, while tariffs on cars coming into Europe from the US have been 10%, and it's been that way for decades.

Trump is playing poker. "I'll see your 10% and raise you 15% more."

-Uwe-

14. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post