Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Don,

"credentials "
What like good engineering judgement?

Jack: I don't understand the question. Is not "good engineering" self fulfilling as a credential for EVERYTHING?

Personally, I'm for low cost trade but it needs to be with balance in addition to anti dumping enforcement and indeed markets are disrupted worldwide by such over production to force a burn out strategy & that wastes resources and destroys the infrastructure + environment by means of cheating the rules of the game & that is captured by essentially self regulation.

"We swear it comports, honest, signed the dumper!"

Right?

Right indeed!! But let's not confuse the folly of a result where America wins 0% of the entire enchilada versus the better outcome of achieving a lower percentage of a smaller part of the whole!!

Nevertheless - I agree that tariffs (like most economic levers) are similar to a spider's web - pull on one thread and the effects appear on various other parts of the web!

Trump is playing poker. "I'll see your 10% and raise you 15% more."

-Uwe-

Uwe, please forgive the impudence of an ignorant foreigner, but I can't help myself by replying that I now know why America chose the owner of a chain of gaming houses as their President (oops- time to visit the naughty corner again):facepalm:

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Jack: I don't understand the question. Is not "good engineering" self fulfilling as a credential for EVERYTHING?

Doesn't it depend on how the term is affirmed too & when combined with a detailed forged instrument?

So many cry about big Government or spout "over regulation" laws & that need repeal, they seem to miss the important fact, that most of the regulation in industry's or such as ours; is indeed self regulated a degree and that industry usually helps write that same regulation and which is posted before amended for public opposition.

Current events and when shit hits the fan indeed shows this to be true at least to me.

Hence Diesel-gate!

Recently Boeing & its 737 MAX..........etc. etc.......

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Self Certification always produces problems and/or confusion - another example is Bluetooth where self compliance means that it's not uncommon for Bluetooth devices that supposedly meet the same profile cannot communicate or do so intermittently or incompletely.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Delicious corn

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/business/winterkorn-volkswagen-emissions-scandal.html

Martin Winterkorn, Ex-VW Chief, Charged by Germany in Diesel Emissions Scheme

merlin_153549435_96ce8441-e73a-4877-8359-a7aa3a4d8d41-articleLarge.jpg

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/fu...gen-emissions-cheating-pollution-child-health

Study: Volkswagen cheated on emissions standards — and made thousands of kids sick
The effect is pronounced enough that every single cheating car has a noticeable effect on measures of babies’ health: “for each additional cheating diesel car per 1,000 cars — approximately equivalent to a 10 percent cheating-induced increase in car exhaust — there is a 2.0 percent increase in air quality indices for fine particulate matter (PM2.5) and a 1.9 percent increase in the rate of low birth weight.”

What? VW was accused of cheating on NOx emissions, not particulates!

-Uwe-

Back