Thread: Users online?

Post Thanks / Like

Users online?

Hi guys.

Currently Active Users

There are currently 59 users online. 5 members and 54 guests

If I click on 59 users online it says:

Keithuk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Every other forum I use I can click on users online and see which threads they are viewing, how come you need permission to view this on here?
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure there's a setting somewhere in the software for this, but frankly, I'm not inclined to change it. If you want to convince me otherwise, you'll have to tell me how it would be beneficial for people to see what others are reading/doing here at any given moment.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not particularly beneficial but if an option is there is should be available else what's the point in showing it. You could also allow attachments as the majority of forums just allow txt files then I can add my software links then users won't need to join other forums to download.
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Its not particularly beneficial but if an option is there is should be available else what's the point in showing it.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    You could also allow attachments as the majority of forums just allow txt files then I can add my software links then users won't need to join other forums to download.
    Yes, we could, but we won't. If you wish to decide how a forum is run, feel free to start you own.

-Uwe-

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post