Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MK7 GTI and R DSG Reset of Adaption procedure

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
    Hi.
    Mine was a hint at a slip followed by a hard clamp. More like the DSG was over powered by the extra boost and the DSG either adjusted its pressure or I just got lucky. I've heard it can monitor slip and adjust if more pressure is needed.

In any case, mine was not like what you show.

The JB1 guys said it is normal for it to slip a little in 3rd and 4th for 200+400rpms. I don't think it is nor should it be considered normal.

I have since put the JB1 back on but at 4.8 this time. I've had no slip since.

JB1 will stay on until 5000 miles when I plan to sell it and flash UM ECU+TCU.

I plan to keep the car for a while so if it ever slips. I will flash back to stock if needed.
    Interesting that someone said it looks normal. Everyone has told me mine is slipping and not normal including BMS. I tried 4.5 on mine as well as a low power map 6 but it still had the same effect just a little less noticeable when adding less boost. I might try the basic settings again but keep it standard for a bit so it can re learn before enabling the JB1. Just to confirm you used the procedure in post #15 and you didn't do any other procedure, right?

Also you said you plan to get tune at 5k Miles. Your car is not brand new right? The clutches may need some time to bed in fully.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I was told is that it is normal for it to slip slightly in 3rd and 4th and in the mid range as torque spikes. It was suggested to me that a tweak to Map 6 might help. Now running 4.5 on Map 1 has so far been issue free though the transmission does vibrate ever so slightly compared to stock. Its just not as smooth.

Keep in mind, in my case, it didn't slip in a way that I could say, video it. You'd have to sort of know the car to know it was about to slip and I had no interest in replicating it. I come from a MK6 MT Stage 2 with clutch upgrade and while DSG is different, any slip will glaze a surface. If I was in your shoes, I'd personally take out the JB1 all together, do the DSG reset procedure and drive the car stock and in manual mode for a week of daily driving in hopes of roughing up the disk surfaces again. just as a safe measure. Whether needed or not, it wouldn't hurt.

The DSG reset from #15 did help me though my issue was not severe. My car was purchased new 5 weeks ago, ran stock for over 1000 miles, broken in but has never been launched. I don't plan to do so, ever. The JB1 I purchased to test the hardware pre flash with TD1 in mind. Car now has 2000+ miles.

I don't plan to brake anything, but if anything must go. I want it to go now rather than later.

My tuner agrees with the approach.
    I don't race it. Just spirited driving.

Hope that helps and good luck in your case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Positive feedback:
    ST?ID=74962
    APR clutch kit and such, said it worked as described. Some one should buy Dana a vegi Wawa sandwich!
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

4. Likes Uwe, Dana, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the latest info on Basic setting on this gearbox.

I've got a 2017 UK Octavia vRS with the DQ250 Gearbox, I've asked the dealer a couple of time to look at an intermittent issue with a hard shift from low speed and light throttle into 2nd gear (from 1st gear) - of course no errors and no fault found. I asked about a gearbox reset and they won't do it as they haven't seen any issue. As I've got VCDS I thought that I would try it myself.

Thanks.

Paul

VCDS Details of the gearbox:

Address 02: Auto Trans (J743) Labels: 0D9-927-770.clb
    Part No SW: 0D9 300 042 S HW: 02E 927 770 AS
    Component: DQ250-6F MQB H54 5013
    Revision: 06454104 Serial number: TFK01702212115
    Coding: 0014
    Shop #: WSC 73430 031 00063
    ASAM Dataset: EV_TCMDQ250021 001001
    ROD: EV_TCMDQ250021_VW27.rod
    VCID: 2953828248350762CB7-807C
    Last edited by Gti Jazz Blue; 07-01-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    Paul Davis
    Hampshire UK
    VCDS® HEX-V2® Enthusiast- USB Interface
    2017 UK Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0 TSi Hatch (230PS DSG 6sp DCC)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue View Post
    Is this the latest info on Basic setting on this gearbox.
    Yes it is. I have personally completed this on 3 MQB 6-speed DSGs (that weren't broken) over the years without issue so you should be OK.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Yes it is. I have personally completed this on 3 MQB 6-speed DSGs (that weren't broken) over the years without issue so you should be OK.
    Thanks Dana - I will give it a go and see if my issue goes.
    Paul Davis
    Hampshire UK
    VCDS® HEX-V2® Enthusiast- USB Interface
    2017 UK Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0 TSi Hatch (230PS DSG 6sp DCC)

9. Likes Dana liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    After run "Basic settings of transmission" from the drop-down box, do I have to run other functions in the dropdown?:
    https://ibb.co/9v0cwk8

My Golf 7 2.0 TDI 150 HP DSG6 make more and more hard shifts than earlier and it's time to change the gearoil and therefore I want to make a calibration etc. to make the shift perfect again.

Do you recommend to run the calibration before or after the gearoil change or both, so I do it 2 times?
    Last edited by thg; 10-13-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    My Golf 7 2.0 TDI 150 HP DSG6 make more and more hard shifts than earlier and it's time to change the gearoil and therefore I want to make a calibration etc. to make the shift perfect again.
    Please post post an Auto-Scan for context.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.