security login in for edc16 touareg ecus?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Sebastian it wasn't a waste of time, because someone else will see this thread, and possibly do it or use something.

Information like this is needed, and even though I don't necessarily get along with you over recent years....... I do respect/appreciate most of what you write or contributions.

Kind of glad you have been recently posting.........:p even though sometimes we agree to disagree.

awpe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=322901
Been a happy owner of V10 TDI having experience with mating different cars actuators to V10, swapping left and right ones, modifyung ecu to react to another company actuators I wanted to add some clarification: one can not copyover settings from one actuator to another and pretend it will work... There are some basic details required to be configured in actuators memory for V10 to work with them correctly.

1. ID - there is a specific ID for left and another one for right actuator, without that ID actuator is unsees by ECU (tgrough CAN bus)
2. Absolute mechanical limits must be set up AFTER actuator mounting on the turbo as it is right near impossible to set another actuator in the exact same position with exact same rod tension...
3. Minimal/start flow postiion must be set on the special stand while there ia flow through the turbo...
4. Emergency position.
5. Direction.

There is no relearning program in the V10 ecus, special actuator programmer is needed.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe
Back