NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you original owner?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Are you original owner?
    Yes, I bought the car brand new from VW. The history of the car is my wife got into an accident with it front passenger side fender, front passenger wheel, and door. The other 2 things that have been done to the car are they had to do the recall for the intercooler freezing up because I was getting situations where the car wouldn't start when it was very cold outside. The recall for that seemed to fix the issues this last winter we had. The other thing that has happened to the car was the air conditioning system was replaced under warranty because of some issue with the compressor but that was some time ago. Nothing else. Is there some block or something else I should be looking at? Does something look weird?

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason these don't show a sign of a performance problem is they go into over-speed of the turbo charger typically.
    I would say check the wires to the WG control to engine ecu and even run an overlay from ecu to unit.

I have seen the wires get damaged at the location of the plug about 3 inches back from plug due to inadequate strain relief.

If this isn't bad change the WG control on the turbo charger before it over-speeds the turbo to turbo death......

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason these don't show a sign of a performance problem is they go into over-speed of the turbo charger typically.
    I would say check the wires to the WG control to engine ecu and even run an overlay from ecu to unit.

I have seen the wires get damaged at the location of the plug about 3 inches back from plug due to inadequate strain relief.

If this isn't bad change the WG control on the turbo charger before it over-speeds the turbo to turbo death......
    If I do the procedure below will it be able to verify if the wiring is ok going from the actuator to the ecu?

On a CBEA/CJAA engine, the rod should begin to move around 2*3" and stop moving around 15". To check the sensor, start VCDS and enter the engine module *> 06 Basic Setting*> Adaptation of turbocharger. Select "Positioner for high pressure turbocharger, actual raw voltage" *> Start. The voltage should fluctuate between .65*.85V and 3.3*3.9V.

And is it the wiring from the actuator that's attached to the turbo or the wiring from the n75 to the ecu that I need to check? If its from the n75 where is it when I'm looking at the engine? I have the shop manual but it just shows the break apart. Not that I want to go this route but the car has ~59,500 miles on it is this something that the dealer should cover under the power train warranty?

Post Thanks / Like
    Both.......

It might be under warranty.......... check your book or with your dealer for sales contract and responsibilities.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyfrack View Post
    If I do the procedure below will it be able to verify if the wiring is ok going from the actuator to the ecu?

On a CBEA/CJAA engine, the rod should begin to move around 2*3" and stop moving around 15". To check the sensor, start VCDS and enter the engine module *> 06 Basic Setting*> Adaptation of turbocharger. Select "Positioner for high pressure turbocharger, actual raw voltage" *> Start. The voltage should fluctuate between .65*.85V and 3.3*3.9V.

And is it the wiring from the actuator that's attached to the turbo or the wiring from the n75 to the ecu that I need to check? If its from the n75 where is it when I'm looking at the engine? I have the shop manual but it just shows the break apart. Not that I want to go this route but the car has ~59,500 miles on it is this something that the dealer should cover under the power train warranty?
    Ok I went to go run the test as described above and I have a few questions. Below is a screen shot of the options I have when it comes to running the basic tests.

I assume the test I want to run is Turbo Charge Boot Control Solenoid Function Test/Adaptation? There isn't any description but I assume the engine should be running and then I just push the on/off/next button and the test will run its course? When the engine was just running the voltage in the far right box read 3.6v of course it wasn't fluctuating or anything and I didn't want to run something I wasn't sure what it was going to do. My mighty vac should come tomorrow so I'll be able to test if the actuator moves freely and if it holds vacuum. I did call vw and of course the turbo will be covered under the drive train but not the n75 and they want 113.00 to do a diagnostic if I'm not going to get the car repaired there. And how do I test the n75 for vacuum? Do I unplug one line at a time and just connect the vacuum pump to it? Sorry for the basic questions but I was very comfotable with my old alh engine and I'm totally lost with the new one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Affirmative....that test.

Please get a repair manual and the SSP for your car.

Erwin

https://www.erwin.vw.com

8. Likes jakematic liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Affirmative....that test.

Please get a repair manual and the SSP for your car.

Erwin

https://www.erwin.vw.com
    yes.... I'm just trying to fix my car not become a mechanic and at the beginning of the thread I did mention I didn't have a lot of experience with the VCDS so thank you but I ended up just needing the car repaired and I ran out of time and options so I had to take the car to the dealer just to get this thing solved. I got my car back from the dealer today feeling beaten after not finding the vacuum line they were talking about. I couldn't find it in any diagrams or anything and then when I compared the engine to my 2012 wagon I noticed something missing on the newer car. The 2010 that was having both of these codes has the TSB # 21 11 06 / 2025464 fix added to the car. The one vacuum line 1k0-133-902-B that runs under a coolant hose was totally melted... Which explains why the codes and things were so weird, they modified all kinds of stuff to put that kit in http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2099557/
    Just thought I would update this thread in case anyone else was having something similar with the TSB applied to their car

10. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Visual inspection will usually bring good results and should always be observed in addition to wiggle tests.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the obvious.

Thank you for sharing the picture.

Did you observe after the new line was installed......... it is routed correct or has anti chafe or Tin foil heat tape to stop it again?

Maybe go do on other car yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi James,

Per our phone conversation I added that Implausible Signal description in addition to some notes on this page:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ausible_Signal

If you have a picture showing the engine bay after they replaced the hose please post it.

I would be tempted to wrap it in heat tape as Jack mentioned. I don't have any experience with this exact product but 3M makes some nice stuff. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...5471909&rt=rud