Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Lookee what we found whilst wandering....

Post Thanks / Like
    For Easter dinner, I made Redneck Tacos using the neck roast from the doe that I harvested during muzzleloading season. I removed as much fat as possible, applied a dry rub, dumped on a jar of salsa and set the crockpot to low for about 8 hours. They came out AMAZING:

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This past weekend, this old bear was on the mountain to get the tractor back up and running. Here is proof we succeeded:

Next up, the old man in a pair of dungaree coveralls, no shirt, beat up straw hat, with one boobie hanging out! hehe

Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes Bruce, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike got his first deer today. With the muzzleloader. A nice sized doe. Free range organic transported by zero emissions:

Last edited by Uwe; 11-14-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Earlier pic:

The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts, D-Dub, Dana, Bruce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice ice storm this morning. Power is out up here. Internet only while the UPSs hold out.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was the last day of muzzleloading season and the first chance I had to hunt so far this year (we were cleaning up fallen trees and branches from the ice storm that has still left us without grid power). About 1/2 hr after settling down in the tree stand, this 8 pointer walked from the woods at my 5 o'clock position about 20 yards away:

Last edited by Andy; 11-26-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: added second pic

10. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd, jyoung8607, Mike R, Bruce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This morning I got another buck, presumably a brawler since his main antlers appear to have been broken off a while ago. Call him a 3 pointer now ... who knows how many points he had originally? I heard him walking behind the tree stand and followed him out onto the driveway where I had good shot. I used my 1969 Remington 700 in .30-06 using handloads I made specifically for hunting with a 150gr Hornady GMX all copper bullet:

Bruce was able to back the tractor into the woods so we could load the buck onto the basket with minimal difficulty:

Last edited by Andy; 11-18-2018 at 10:20 AM.

12. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd, jyoung8607, Bruce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I vacuum sealed and froze the inside tenderloin from the 8 pointer and 3 pointer:

I brought one from each deer down to my brother's for Thanksgiving and I grilled them for Black Friday breakfast (with sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil cooking spray):

Cooked to medium-rare, they served as a fine accompaniment for eggs:

I told my hosts that deer taste like what they eat. My sister-in-law quipped "Well these deer must have been eating steak!".

14. Likes Eric, jyoung8607, PetrolDave, Uwe, Bruce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Emptying out the last of my venison from last year to make room in the freezer for this year's harvest, here's some teriaki marinated round steaks:

They were great on Saturday night and I stashed away one skewer for lunch on Sunday:

Cold venison, roasted veggies, swiss, and spicy creamy horseradish sauce on garlic naan. Soooooo good.

16. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607, NZDubNurd, PetrolDave liked this post