Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does VAG recognize VCDS as diagnostics tool?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Removing SVM will likely involve the same SVM error removal process - worth a try as it doesn't cost anything to do it, and will most likely make the problem go away

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
    Removing SVM will likely involve the same SVM error removal process - worth a try as it doesn't cost anything to do it, and will most likely make the problem go away
    how does one remove SVM with VCDS?

or it has to be done by the dealer?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hallo.
    This error is generated by the 5F device itself to let the dealer know that a newer Software for this device MAY have become available. It has practicaly no impact to the device's fuctionality and it can be left alone. The dealer's workaround of this error is to da an "SVM comparison" (using the ODIS system of course) online following the error in Guided Fault Finding and check whether it has a newer version available or not. When the comparison ends, it either updates the SW to the newer version or verifies that the version installed is the latest available and in both cases it erases the fault using some "unseen" adaptations as the fault cannot be erased with the old fashioned DTC-erase way.

I hope that was an illuminating bit of Info...

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by markusboy View Post
    Hallo.
    This error is generated by the 5F device itself to let the dealer know that a newer Software for this device MAY have become available. It has practicaly no impact to the device's fuctionality and it can be left alone. The dealer's workaround of this error is to da an "SVM comparison" (using the ODIS system of course) online following the error in Guided Fault Finding and check whether it has a newer version available or not. When the comparison ends, it either updates the SW to the newer version or verifies that the version installed is the latest available and in both cases it erases the fault using some "unseen" adaptations as the fault cannot be erased with the old fashioned DTC-erase way.

I hope that was an illuminating bit of Info...
    cheers bud

5. Likes myounus liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    what was once one fault in the short term,it has now evolved into two fault on the long run
    wv dealer not helpful as usual
    Code:
    Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)       Labels: 5G0-035-MIB-STD2.clb
       Part No SW: 3Q0 035 819     HW: 3Q0 035 819 
       Component: MU-S--ER      H11 0135  
       Serial number: VWZAZ2P4672212
       Coding: 02840100FF00000011110001000808001F0100840120010003
       Shop #: WSC 05311 115 00093
       ASAM Dataset: EV_MUStd4CTSAT 001018
       ROD: EV_MUStd4CTSAT_VW26.rod
       VCID: 6ED9FF13B1F5C54E93-803A

Media Player Position 1: 
       Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 3G0 919 605     HW: 3G0 919 605 
       Component: ABT_Std-2  H42 1015 
       Serial number: VWZ8Z9PD500879      

2 Faults Found:
    1543 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded 
              U1014 00 [009] - -
              Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00000001
                        Fault Priority: 4
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 67
                        Mileage: 17329 km
                        Date: 2015.12.22
                        Time: 11:11:57

1555 - Check Software Version Management 
              B201A 00 [009] -  - 
              Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00000001
                        Fault Priority: 6
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 67
                        Mileage: 17329 km
                        Date: 2015.12.22
                        Time: 11:11:57

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    lans: Good evening!
    I've been following your questions with interest (as a learning exercise for me), but I've noticed that the coding string in your 5F unit has changed from the value that was in your post #8 auto-scan and the post above (i.e. Post #15).

Here's a comparison of the two coding strings for address 5F for reference:

As is clear, it seems that Byte 24 has altered from Hex01 to Hex03 - or more particularly, Bit 1 has been set in the last auto-scan extract

Here's the long coding helper screen shot for Byte 24 showing the Bit functions:

The Speech Dialogue System box is the enabling facility for Voice Control (I have VC installed in my screen shot). Clearly VC wasn't in your 5F unit at the post #8 scan.

To install VC in an early mk7, an SD card is needed to load the VC software into the 5F firmware (as well as setting Byte 24, Bit 1). For later model mk7's I understand that the VC software is native to the 5F firmware, but an activation code is needed- I believe a link to FAZIT as part of the activation process is also needed for CP purposes.
    Did you install/activate VC in the intervening period?
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 01-05-2016 at 12:26 AM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    no, I have not installed VC.
    now when I think about it, I might have found something flicking trough the adaptations channels and set 'voice control active' but obviously its not good enough.
    i see FAZIT is a vw thing, which means there is no way around them to enable VC,even if the software is installed and I somehow find the activation code. the car has to communicate with FAZIT?
    I am offshore till 19th. I will revert the byte 24/bit 1 once I get back home
    meanwhile I found some more tweaks
    http://www.vcdscoding.com/#!passat/cog8

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Maybe this can help you , I have the excact same problem and will try this one today.

VCDS CODING:
    1) 5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
    2) Note your current coding
    3) Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
    4) Calculation: (current coding) Xor C9D2
    5) Change the adaptation channel to the new code (Don't be surprised if it changes back to the original coding, this is normal!)
    6) VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
    7) Check for fault codes on all modules and clear the DTCs
    Note that VCDS displays your code in 'xx xx' format (small letters and a space character).
    You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code.
    When you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again and use lower cases.
    EXAMPLE (don't use these values):
    '1a 1a' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
    1A1A Xor C9D2 equals D3C8
    Enter it as 'd3 c8'
    If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (i.e. 0A fb=AFB).
    If the new (calculated) code is less than 4 characters, insert zeros in the beginning (i.e. FBB=0f bb).

/FWH

10. Likes Evostar* liked this post