Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genuine interface clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Genuine interface clarification

A member on another site I moderate on is selling a genuine HEX+CAN interface supplied by an official UK vendor, however it looks completely different to the one you supplied directly to myself, it’s not just the labels but also the moulding of the ODB plug (more in line with the newer HEX-NET)

Can you confirm that you have indeed changed the visual design (and ideally a rough date when you changed) so we can continue to remove any non genuine interfaces from the site.

HEX-NET

2016 Škoda Superb L&K (190CR)
    Pre-booked a VW ID.3 1st Edition

2. Likes Zenerdiode liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine from ilexa.co.uk in 2010. It looks the same as mine apart from the LED has a different top.
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

4. Likes Gizmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's legit. It's assembled under license by Ilexa in the UK. They do use different labels than we do. However, the connector and shell is ours (made in USA), the exact same ones we've been using since 2008.

Martin, the one you have is from 2007, and used a connector and shell from a different vendor in Canada.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Zenerdiode, Gizmo, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Uwe
    HEX-NET

8. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have doubts, feel free to email pix to support@ross-tech.com

Sometimes potential second hand purchasers send us pix which we will gladly rate as "hot" or "not" based on what we see. Please understand that some of the stuff we look for, we keep private so as not to help cloners enhance their thievery.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK this next one (different private seller) looks the same...but comes with a software disc from Ilexa

HEX-NET

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine came with software disc from Ilexa, thought there is no real need as you can download the current software for free.
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

12. Likes Gizmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    OK this next one (different private seller) looks the same...but comes with a software disc from Ilexa

Looks real to me.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

14. Likes Gizmo liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received a PM from a forum colleague down here who want's some advice and saw this add from an Aussie seller:

------
    edit by Andy: Removed link to clone seller website, to avoid getting them page views and search engine results.
    ------

How legitimate is this claim for the marriage between "3rd Party manufactured chip" (whatever that means?) and "original, genuine and fully license-activated RossTech VCDS 14.10.0 software.(Software is NOT cracked or modified in any way. It's original software.)"? Sounds like a scam to me!!

Don
    Last edited by Andy; 09-14-2015 at 06:35 AM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ... this add from an Aussie seller:
    Sounds like a scam to me!!
    Yes, he's a known pirate, and not a real smart one I've heard. He's already on the RT naughty list.

If your friend is looking to make a purchase down-under, check out the Aussies on the Ross-Tech distributor page for confirmed legitimate interfaces.

Jason

17. Likes Uwe, Eric, DV52, Dana liked this post