Thread: Auto Folding Mirror MK5

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto Folding Mirror MK5

Trying to retro fit auto folding mirrors with Seat controllers into a MK5 Jetta. Mirror controls are all messed up (go in different directions than they are supposed to) Memory function tries to go all over the place and dip in reverse just drops to the bottom. Seat controllers have the same part numbers as US but different SW versions. 1K0 959 973 M driver and 1K0 959 792 M passenger, all other function work, puddle lights, heat, turn signals and folding with the key fob and switch. Jetta production date is 07/06 so was equipped with high line controllers and memory mirrors to start. Putting US controller back in and mirror adjust correctly and memory function work as it should but then cannot program power folding coding although it shows in the menu. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Last edited by DSG TDI; 08-22-2015 at 07:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This won't help much, but it has happened before - I just can't recall where I came across it!

If you hassle Uncle Google for long enough, he'll probably give in and tell you where I read about it :-)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the driver's side working by switching two of the 16 pins wires for the motor controllers, passenger side is still driving me crazy as to pin-out switch. Got the mirror to work in the horizontal position but control is still reversed in the vertical position. Anybody have the proper wiring changes that need to be made? These are Seat controller with the power folding mirrors with the remote key fob.
    Last edited by DSG TDI; 08-25-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSG TDI View Post
    Trying to retro fit auto folding mirrors with Seat controllers into a MK5 Jetta. Mirror controls are all messed up (go in different directions than they are supposed to) Memory function tries to go all over the place and dip in reverse just drops to the bottom. Seat controllers have the same part numbers as US but different SW versions. 1K0 959 973 M driver and 1K0 959 792 M passenger, all other function work, puddle lights, heat, turn signals and folding with the key fob and switch. Jetta production date is 07/06 so was equipped with high line controllers and memory mirrors to start. Putting US controller back in and mirror adjust correctly and memory function work as it should but then cannot program power folding coding although it shows in the menu. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    On the Passat, I tried using a controller modified for the auto fold mirrors but the mirrors did not work properly as you have described. One mirror would fold and the other open. Even the power windows went crazy. Problem is, I used a LHD module on a RHD car.

Wonder if you are using the correct module for your car , i.e. LHD module for LHD car ?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Modules are supposed to be the same for LH and RH drive changing with coding. If your mirrors are working backwards from each other unplug one and fold or un-fold the other then plug it back in, they should work together now. My controllers were from a Seat with remote activation by the key fob. Standard mirrors worked fine, memory mirrors not so much. Memory mirror motor react backwards to the signal somehow, fixed the driver's side by switching two wires, passenger's side required re-wiring the memory motor.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I can see this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem I need a wiring diagram when I press the pass mirror the drivers will move and the same on the windows up and down left and right , can you help