Thread: Wifi Vcds equals shit?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Wifi Vcds equals shit?

I canīt get my Vcds to work.

Itīs the version with wifi.

Audi Q7 2008.

I have tried both with usb and wifi.

With wifi and Ipad air 2 with latest Ios I canīt change the softcoding because the keyboard never shows.

Then I tried with my laptop, both wifi and usb.

Under option and test it says Port status ok and interface found. Further down it says Firmware update required. I have the version 15.7.0 and I can find no other downloadable version on the website???!!!!!

When I try to access any module via "Select Control module" I never get access to anything. I can see the meny overall as "Common" "Drivetrain" etc but never gain access to for example 08-HVAC.

This product stinks for me so far I must say.

Does anyone have a solution or should I toss my $399 product in the bin???????

Thanx in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you post up a Screen-Shot of the window when you have done [Options] and [Test] please?

It sounds like the firmware in the HEX-NET device itself needs updating. Since the last update was such a major one; it is a two stage process. Have a cuppa, then we'll get you through the update process.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iīve now taken both a cup and a meal

How do I attach an image?

I donīt have an url to the Picture..

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now Iīve finally found the hexnet config and have found an update.

My firmware is 0.214 and the new one will be 0.421

However I got errorcode -2, the update must be done through the webinterface.

How?? What?? Webinterface??

192.168.0.1 or what??

To gain access to that Iīll have to connect the dongle to the car.

Now I have it connected to my laptop via usb and it doesnīt show up under my network options.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

No wifi connection

Iīve had my dongle connected to my laptop via usb.

After that it doesnīt longer work with wifi.

It never appears on my network list.

Any ideas??

For a cost of $399 I must say this looks more and more like rubbish to me.

I just bought it and it has a firmware older than a year, to update it is a smaller nightmare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Johan,

You're making good progress. You don't need a connection to the car, it will be powered via USB. Yep, the next update needs to be via the Web interface because it is updating the USB part (the two stage process I mentioned). Using the Hex-Net Configuration Utility V2.005.jar connect the Hex-Net to your WiFi. It can handle WAP, WEP & WPA so you don't need to worry about unsecuring your WiFi. Back in the Configuration utility, you'll see the IP Address that your router has assigned to the Hex-Net. Use your computer's browser and browse to that IP - in the address bar type 192.168.0.X where X is the remaining part of the IP address.

This will open the Hex-Net's web interface. Log in with the password "password" and click on the 'Check for Updates' button. Hopefully this will complete the update for you.

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Two threads merged. Moving this to HEX-NET Beta Support.

The HEX-NET definitely has a learning curve associated with it. We try to make that very clear on the pages it can be ordered from.

Johan, have you read the HEX-NET FAQ or wanted the introductory videos?

This forum does not allow directly attaching images. How to post images is described here.

-Uwe-
    Last edited by Uwe; 08-08-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it amazing that Uwe would even address this thread with that title.
    Kudos for high tolerance.

11. Likes Uwe, Eric, NZDubNurd, jyoung8607, smokey08 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zener, it feels like Iīm doing no progress at all actually..

* I have the hexnet connected to my laptop via usb.
    * I have the ip number.
    * I try to update via web interface. Update check time out. Of course since Iīm connected to the hexnet instead of my home network. I switch to my home network but still the same fault..yes I have Connection to Internet, I can browse every other site.

Why can I find the update via config utility but not via web interface??? Do I have to be connected to the hexnet and gain internetconnection via Cable? I mean, I canīt be connected to two different networks at the same time.

I donīt consider myself mindslow or unintelligent but I just donīt get this to work, Iīm going fu.....insane!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    In order to make this update, you must have the HEX-NET connected to your WiFi network in infrastructure mode, so that the HEX-NET can contact our server. It cannot do this particular update via USB or while it's in access point mode.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.