Not open for further replies.

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
Hello,

Just picked up a 2008 Touareg and the VIN search tool suggested the HEX NET unit as an option.

I'm a bit confused on how the 10 VIN function works. Does this simply mean that only 10 vehicles data history is held in memory or the 11th VW it will not work on thus rending the unit in ops w/o a fresh install of the software on the OS or similar?

I understand the goal of this unit is for non professional use.

Thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
In principle, it means that you can't use it on more than 10 cars without upgrading the license to unlimited VINs. However, the reality is there's quite a bit you can do without "counting" a car's VIN toward the 10-VIN limit. I don't have an exhaustive list hand, but rest assured, if you're not working on cars for a living, chances are you won't hit the 10-VIN limit in the foreseeable future.

-Uwe-

Last edited:

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
Thanks, very helpful. Not a repair shop but a lot of Vw in the clan...so wondering how quick it coiuld fill up over 4-6 years of use!

I've got a Vida Dice for Volvo and there are approx. 12 Volvos in my family and street...so I'm "that guy" but I understand the goal here.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back