SD Critical Error!

chriberg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=254478
At the top of the VCDS Mobile page, I get the following error displayed: "SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support”. The error has been present and persistent since I first received the Hex-Net.

I went through several rounds of trying to install the latest updates via VCDS Cloud as well as the Java application. At first, I got a variety of different and contradictory messages; everything from "Software is up to date" to various error messages, time outs, etc. I don't remember exactly what sequence I attempted, but eventually it decided that it did indeed need an update and installed successfully. Now both VCDS Cloud and the Java application report the software is up to date with no errors. However the "SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support” error remains.

Over the weekend, I used the Hex-Net to perform various mods (gauge sweep, DRLs-remain-on-with-blinker) as well as retraction and engagement of the parking brake to replace my brake pads. It successfully did an autoscan on all modules, reporting a couple of minor faults. Everything seems to be working fine. AP mode works, infrastructure mode works, the VCDS 15.7 windows software works, and VCDS Mobile works. But the error message remains.

Please advise.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
With the HEX-NET powered up, please press and hold the button for 50 seconds and then release it. You should hear a long beep. Note that this will reset and reinitialize some things on the HEX-NET to default values, so you will need to reconfigure the wifi. Then reboot the interface (unplug and replug). Let us know if this fixes your problem.

--Shaun

chriberg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=254478
With the HEX-NET powered up, please press and hold the button for 50 seconds and then release it. You should hear a long beep. Note that this will reset and reinitialize some things on the HEX-NET to default values, so you will need to reconfigure the wifi. Then reboot the interface (unplug and replug). Let us know if this fixes your problem.

--Shaun

I have done this. Confirmed by using the java utility to see all previously set wifi profiles were erased. It did not fix the issue. "SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support" is displayed at the top of VCDS Mobile.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

I created the warranty replacement RMA Number of 150819RA1.

We will send you a replacement to the same address you used when placing the order on 8/5/2015. Please let us know if it needs to be sent to another address this time. We will include a call tag that you use to can mail the malfunctioning HEX-NET back to us.

Sorry about the inconvenience!

Best Regards,
Dana

RET?ID=4331

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
Hi Chris,

We will send you a replacement to the same address you used when placing the order on 8/5/2015. Please let us know if it needs to be sent to another address this time. We will include a call tag that you use to can mail the malfunctioning HEX-NET back to us.

Best Regards,
Dana

RET?ID=4331

This is a prime example of the EXCELLENT customer service from Ross-Tech!

chriberg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=254478
Hi Chris,

Best Regards,
Dana

RET?ID=4331

Same address is fine. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Uwe

chriberg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=254478
New Hex-Net arrived, everything seems to be working fine. I'll drop the old one off today. Thanks again

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
On one of my HEX-NETs:

7M2c9Bh.jpg

SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support

I had used it earlier to do some work with VCDS without issue. Later that evening I wanted to do a quick check with VCDS-Mobile and found that.

Did the 50 second button push and then reboot as per Shaun's instructions above and that fixed it. :thumbs:

skibud85

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280853
Hi. I am having the same error message' "SD CRITICAL ERROR! Please contact Ross-Tech for support." I am unable to get a photo of the screen into this reply.

Thanks
Jim

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Have you tried holding down the button for 50 seconds like posted above?

skibud85

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280853
Sure did-no luck.

skibud85

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280853
I'll try again tomorrow. I updated to the latest version, held the buttom for 50sec, went thru the setup again-no luck! Was using my iPad with VAGCOM Mobile app. I received the error message in the AP mode. Never was able to get it to link up thru my home WiFi or iPad Hot Spot and enter the IS mode. I haven't used the VAGCOM in awhile, it did work OK the last time I used it (atleast six months)??

Thanks
Jim

skibud85

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280853
I'll try it on my iPhone 7Plus tomorrow after I try the 50sec reset again? Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks
Jim

skibud85

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280853
Hi. Tried the 50sec REST again/setup, the IPad and my iPhone7P-both the same results "SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support." What is the next thing I should try? The few times I used it (when it was working) it was great, "way beyond what I needed or understood" ! Still cannot get the two screen shots(iPad/iPhone) of the SD Critical Error message loaded with a URL?

Thanks
Jim
Florida

skibud85

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280853
Hi Dana. Same address in Ft Lauderdale.
Thanks
Jim

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Excellent. I'll make sure we get you taken care of. Keep an eye out for an email to your Gmail address shortly.

Reactions: Uwe

skibud85

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280853
In Milan now(work for American). Thanks for the great service.thanks Jim

petamoravec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=337133
I had the same issue. More than this, I was not able to upload any of my scan to cloud. I've tried to "50 second button push" and now it seem to be fully working. :-)

Back