Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD Critical Error!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

SD Critical Error!

At the top of the VCDS Mobile page, I get the following error displayed: "SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support”. The error has been present and persistent since I first received the Hex-Net.

I went through several rounds of trying to install the latest updates via VCDS Cloud as well as the Java application. At first, I got a variety of different and contradictory messages; everything from "Software is up to date" to various error messages, time outs, etc. I don't remember exactly what sequence I attempted, but eventually it decided that it did indeed need an update and installed successfully. Now both VCDS Cloud and the Java application report the software is up to date with no errors. However the "SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support” error remains.

Over the weekend, I used the Hex-Net to perform various mods (gauge sweep, DRLs-remain-on-with-blinker) as well as retraction and engagement of the parking brake to replace my brake pads. It successfully did an autoscan on all modules, reporting a couple of minor faults. Everything seems to be working fine. AP mode works, infrastructure mode works, the VCDS 15.7 windows software works, and VCDS Mobile works. But the error message remains.

Please advise.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the HEX-NET powered up, please press and hold the button for 50 seconds and then release it. You should hear a long beep. Note that this will reset and reinitialize some things on the HEX-NET to default values, so you will need to reconfigure the wifi. Then reboot the interface (unplug and replug). Let us know if this fixes your problem.

--Shaun

3. Likes Uwe, Jef liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    With the HEX-NET powered up, please press and hold the button for 50 seconds and then release it. You should hear a long beep. Note that this will reset and reinitialize some things on the HEX-NET to default values, so you will need to reconfigure the wifi. Then reboot the interface (unplug and replug). Let us know if this fixes your problem.

--Shaun
    I have done this. Confirmed by using the java utility to see all previously set wifi profiles were erased. It did not fix the issue. "SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support" is displayed at the top of VCDS Mobile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris,

I created the warranty replacement RMA Number of 150819RA1.

We will send you a replacement to the same address you used when placing the order on 8/5/2015. Please let us know if it needs to be sent to another address this time. We will include a call tag that you use to can mail the malfunctioning HEX-NET back to us.

Sorry about the inconvenience!

Best Regards,
    Dana

RET?ID=4331

6. Likes Uwe, Sebastian, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Hi Chris,

We will send you a replacement to the same address you used when placing the order on 8/5/2015. Please let us know if it needs to be sent to another address this time. We will include a call tag that you use to can mail the malfunctioning HEX-NET back to us.

Best Regards,
    Dana

RET?ID=4331
    This is a prime example of the EXCELLENT customer service from Ross-Tech!

8. Likes Dana, Zenerdiode, jyoung8607, iichel liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Hi Chris,

Best Regards,
    Dana

RET?ID=4331
    Same address is fine. Thanks for your help.

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    New Hex-Net arrived, everything seems to be working fine. I'll drop the old one off today. Thanks again

12. Likes Dana, jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    On one of my HEX-NETs:

SD Critical Error! Please contact Ross-Tech for support

I had used it earlier to do some work with VCDS without issue. Later that evening I wanted to do a quick check with VCDS-Mobile and found that.

Did the 50 second button push and then reboot as per Shaun's instructions above and that fixed it.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

14. Likes Santos, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I am having the same error message' "SD CRITICAL ERROR! Please contact Ross-Tech for support." I am unable to get a photo of the screen into this reply.

Thanks
    Jim

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried holding down the button for 50 seconds like posted above?