vikislap

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=121167
Today 07:18 PM
Audi q5 tail lamp on bumper are on with tail gate all time
Hi do you have any expirience with this problem seems to me need adaptation of sensor for tail gate. It happed after I did some changes on tail light from usa to rov option its 2011 q5. Now lights on tail gate works good but the light on rear bumper works together with tail gate wich suppose to work after I opened tail gate.???? Thanks for any help
Last edited by vikislap; Today at 08:43 PM.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Where is old and new auto-scan ?

Please post both for comparison.

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
An Auto Scan is not enough, because the changes are made to some of the Channels in Adaptation.

So if you can post the changes you did - look in the C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs folder and post the content of the .TXT file.

vikislap

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=121167
I know exactly what chanels and where I did the changes but even when I put it back to original the bottom lights are on with tail gate and even I am open the tail gate the lights stays on on tail gate together with bottom lights in bumper. So I am thinking there should be adaptation for this switch to recognize its opened.

vikislap

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=121167
46 module chanel 195 196 197 198 I was changing security 16017.
If you have guys any chance to get there and Just show my yours I can compare them I have usa and trying to do rov for europe I am moving in late this year

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
If the lights was working as they should before you did the Coding changes, then they should also work again when you revert the changes, so unless you can show us all your changes, I don't think we can help you.

I don't think that Channel 195, 196, 197 and 198 are the only Channels you've done changes to.

vikislap

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=121167
Thanks Rene anyway I am pretty sure that I was touching just this fours channels... There where also mentioned channels up to 210 but I did not touch them. Right now I have tail gate light works good and I disconnected this in bumper just let back up lights and fog lamps connected. I do not know if I can put the picture of it here.

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Thanks Rene anyway I am pretty sure that I was touching just this fours channels... There where also mentioned channels up to 210 but I did not touch them. Right now I have tail gate light works good and I disconnected this in bumper just let back up lights and fog lamps connected. I do not know if I can put the picture of it here.

You can see what you have changed in the log file found in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs or C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug

vikislap

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=121167
Hi, thanks for input I checked them out and all its like said but after I made changes back it stop working properly ( tail gate lights)

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
How should the light in the bumper work ?? - are you sure that the light after your coding change isn't the same as before ??

Maybe they are coded as "Side markers" ?? - if so then it is Channel 209 (left side) and 210 (right side) you could try to re-code

vikislap

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=121167
Hi this good input and I will try tomorrow thanks Rene... I was thinking about good long extension for my canle to seat behind the car and just try it one after one�� but you right I can check the chanel 209 210 and see could not be worse

vikislap

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=121167
Hi Rene, its all done back to function as should all I did just disconect battery and put ground with pos. cable together for 10 min. and all works good. Simple thing ... I was thinking to do before because I had same problem on golf after some changes .. But here is battery in trunk . Thanks for help ..

DanMontgomery

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239861
Vikisliap,

Thank you for posting your problem and solution

I was stuck and it really help me out.

:thumbs:

Back