Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreyj

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=42955
I know there is no info on the ross tech wiki regarding long coding for ABS mk60EC1 it is stated that it must be sent to Dealer for SVM.

I came across some info that saved the day for me and it may be useful to include in a future version of VCDS.

Here is the procedure to get descriptions in the bytes/bit in longcoding helper.

vcds long coding plugin for mk60ec1
gives a much better description of abs long coding than original vcds label file.
recoded my golf from 288mm fronts to 312mm fronts since its had gti carriers and rotors for over a year now.

http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/1513575/file.html

Instructions:
Start LCode.exe (found in the directory of VCDS)
copy your Original LongCoding of ABS module 03 in box 1)
then click on "READ INFO TEXT FILE" and select the file eng-mk60ec1.xpl

Credit goes to Ian(kompressed) for making this info available.

special note: my car was a 2009 mk5 golf 2.5 and to get the coding to work i had to select a Mk6 jetta for it to take.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
The information in that file is - simply put - incorrect. The file linked here has been floating around the interweb for quite some time, it is partially based of a file which we had sent to a few customers early on but we soon realized that it wasn't just wrong but resulted in incorrect ESP codings which would then have an influence on drivability in emergency situations. Just my 2 cents...

Coreyj

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=42955
The information in that file is - simply put - incorrect. The file linked here has been floating around the interweb for quite some time, it is partially based of a file which we had sent to a few customers early on but we soon realized that it wasn't just wrong but resulted in incorrect ESP codings which would then have an influence on drivability in emergency situations. Just my 2 cents...

good to know that you are aware of it and that there are problems with it.

i did notice some errors with the engine selection for 2.5l . I based the original coding off an identical car and engine package and the only issue I had was with the engine selection and selecting the correct vehicle model it would not take had to put a mk6 instead of mk5. AFAIK the vin input was correct and the rest was the same as the donor coding i used to input.

The reason I had to resort to using this was the original ABS module was totally dead and I did not have access to SVM or any previous auto scans.

So in the end was it a risky move? probably, but I was in a pinch and it got me out of it.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
That's where I disgree. Just because you have no DTC etc. doesn't make your "trial and error" value correct. There are no certain ways to test, and in the worst case, you won't know until you are in an emergency situation.

Coreyj

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=42955
That's where I disgree. Just because you have no DTC etc. doesn't make your "trial and error" value correct. There are no certain ways to test, and in the worst case, you won't know until you are in an emergency situation.

Can I post an autoscan to see if you notice anything wrong with the coding? Last thing i want is brake malfunction in an emergency situation.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
I understand that a factory fitted pump can be recoded using ODIS and an internet connection. Out of curiosity, is there a valid procedure to get the correct coding for a retrofitted MK60EC1? For example, I've switched from a MK70 to MK60EC1 and through collecting various long codes for similar cars, the first code I tried was accepted without issue. I've since confirmed that both ABS and ESP activate as expected but as the coding is so different between the two modules it would be great to get a second opinion on the coding.

Would a dealer be able to confirm the correct coding or would it be rejected as non-original equipment?

Are rosstech able to confirm coding as correct given a VIN and autoscan or is it case that you'd be able to spot any glaring errors but miss some of the finer points.

I appreciate that it's not necessarily a normal repair procedure and as it's safety critical it might be something you'd want to shy away from but I think it would be potentially quite useful if such a service isn't abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back