Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi q5 tail lamp problem

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Audi q5 tail lamp problem

Today 07:18 PM
    Audi q5 tail lamp on bumper are on with tail gate all time
    Hi do you have any expirience with this problem seems to me need adaptation of sensor for tail gate. It happed after I did some changes on tail light from usa to rov option its 2011 q5. Now lights on tail gate works good but the light on rear bumper works together with tail gate wich suppose to work after I opened tail gate.???? Thanks for any help
    Last edited by vikislap; Today at 08:43 PM.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is old and new auto-scan ?

Please post both for comparison.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    An Auto Scan is not enough, because the changes are made to some of the Channels in Adaptation.

So if you can post the changes you did - look in the C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs folder and post the content of the .TXT file.
    Rene Larsen

Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic MY2009 - sold
    VCDS 20.4.1
    (HEX-V2)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly what chanels and where I did the changes but even when I put it back to original the bottom lights are on with tail gate and even I am open the tail gate the lights stays on on tail gate together with bottom lights in bumper. So I am thinking there should be adaptation for this switch to recognize its opened.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    46 module chanel 195 196 197 198 I was changing security 16017.
    If you have guys any chance to get there and Just show my yours I can compare them I have usa and trying to do rov for europe I am moving in late this year

Post Thanks / Like
    If the lights was working as they should before you did the Coding changes, then they should also work again when you revert the changes, so unless you can show us all your changes, I don't think we can help you.

I don't think that Channel 195, 196, 197 and 198 are the only Channels you've done changes to.
    Rene Larsen

VCDS 20.4.1
    (HEX-V2)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rene anyway I am pretty sure that I was touching just this fours channels... There where also mentioned channels up to 210 but I did not touch them. Right now I have tail gate light works good and I disconnected this in bumper just let back up lights and fog lamps connected. I do not know if I can put the picture of it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vikislap View Post
    Thanks Rene anyway I am pretty sure that I was touching just this fours channels... There where also mentioned channels up to 210 but I did not touch them. Right now I have tail gate light works good and I disconnected this in bumper just let back up lights and fog lamps connected. I do not know if I can put the picture of it here.
    You can see what you have changed in the log file found in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs or C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug
    Rene Larsen

VCDS 20.4.1
    (HEX-V2)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, thanks for input I checked them out and all its like said but after I made changes back it stop working properly ( tail gate lights)

Post Thanks / Like
    How should the light in the bumper work ?? - are you sure that the light after your coding change isn't the same as before ??

Maybe they are coded as "Side markers" ?? - if so then it is Channel 209 (left side) and 210 (right side) you could try to re-code
    Rene Larsen

VCDS 20.4.1
    (HEX-V2)