Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How to update HEX-NETs with a codeblock older than 0.42xx

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry i'm kind of late to this party, but mine's being slightly stubborn, too.
    when i was using vcds mobile it kept telling me i had updates, attempted them, and usually failed. So I finally got around to plug it in and attempt it through hexnet config - which it seemed to update but then sat on the update for 30 minutes not moving what's so ever. I unplugged it but it won't update again at all. it says i have an update but then it gives me an internal server error. self check pans out ok. when i go in via infrastructure and after hitting cloud-function do not hit i.e. Basic settings right away it directs me to the cloud account page. I tried it that way too, putting in my account info, but again if i don't immediately hit basic settings (i.e.) i'm back to 'enter login credentials' etc.
    it seems to be working if i use the windows tablet (up to date vcds - latest version) but i don't always have it with me, and if i try using it via iPhone it definitely is being screwy.

im posting the screenshots in the order of:
    1. update via hexnet config 1.9x

2. update via hexnet config 2.x

3. internal server error (done via browser - Safari - but same error via iPhone)

4. Selftest

again, the initial update locked up on me and every subsequent update - even though showing there IS an update - is failing with 'error -8' every single time. attempted it on two different machines, same result

Edit: looking at the guys screenshot at the top of page 6, i seem to have the same settings, so maybe it is up-to-date. but even in that case it still screws after hitting cloud-functions (?) the only difference between his and mine i think is DS:xxxxxxxx

Edit to the Edit: when I hit (via safari) -> Network Options - it actually just pushed an ASAM update through. When it update it and hitting Network Options again (well honestly, when i just randomly click around and then click network options again) it keeps pushing through other ASAM updates. [thought that might be of importance to notice - since that's about the only update relate thing it's done in a while]

*i think those are separate updates since the one prior to this one said "extracting update: 1/6" **if i'm not imagining things anyways

Last Edit - i promise ..........: OK so they are separate updates - and the way they keep pushing through is in this order: Hit 'check for updates' -> internal server error -> Hit 'Network Options' -> it pushes through an ASMA update. the following one seems to however show up a lot. I think it keeps fluctuating between 3 and 6. I've done it at least ten times now and almost every time it seems to be updating *some* ASAM file. I did skim over something earlier that you guys had some issues with that as well - so i'm not sure if it's related to that or just a way to force some updates on to the hexnet when it refuses to update anything.
    1. check update - 2. network options - 3. updates asam -- repeat.

Last edited by lucidmotions; 03-21-2016 at 12:03 PM.

2. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your problems updating to DS 10000039 should be sorted out now on the server. Please try again and see how it goes. Make sure you have Config version 2.013 or higher if you are using the config. V2.014 mac version here

4. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    awesome. i'm updated.
    thanks for that

6. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I download the Win OS Config version 2.013+?
    -Stokes

13 Audi S4 | APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger w/ AWE track exhaust
    16 Audi SQ5 | APR Stage 1 w/ AWE touring exhaust

PREV: 01 Audi TT 1.8TQM APR Stage 2 | 07 Audi A4 2.0TQM Unitronic Stage 3 | 12 VW Golf R UM Stage 2+

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kristokes View Post
    Where can I download the Win OS Config version 2.013+?
    Link in the first post of the Current Versions thread.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes kristokes liked this post