How to update HEX-NETs with a codeblock older than 0.42xx

lucidmotions

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214403
sorry i'm kind of late to this party, but mine's being slightly stubborn, too.
when i was using vcds mobile it kept telling me i had updates, attempted them, and usually failed. So I finally got around to plug it in and attempt it through hexnet config - which it seemed to update but then sat on the update for 30 minutes not moving what's so ever. I unplugged it but it won't update again at all. it says i have an update but then it gives me an internal server error. self check pans out ok. when i go in via infrastructure and after hitting cloud-function do not hit i.e. Basic settings right away it directs me to the cloud account page. I tried it that way too, putting in my account info, but again if i don't immediately hit basic settings (i.e.) i'm back to 'enter login credentials' etc.
it seems to be working if i use the windows tablet (up to date vcds - latest version) but i don't always have it with me, and if i try using it via iPhone it definitely is being screwy.

im posting the screenshots in the order of:
1. update via hexnet config 1.9x

Hg2CfXY.png

2. update via hexnet config 2.x

IdHx2PS.png

3. internal server error (done via browser - Safari - but same error via iPhone)

qIvlAfC.png

4. Selftest

T3mxmRp.png

again, the initial update locked up on me and every subsequent update - even though showing there IS an update - is failing with 'error -8' every single time. attempted it on two different machines, same result :(

Edit: looking at the guys screenshot at the top of page 6, i seem to have the same settings, so maybe it is up-to-date. but even in that case it still screws after hitting cloud-functions (?) the only difference between his and mine i think is DS:xxxxxxxx

Edit to the Edit: when I hit (via safari) -> Network Options - it actually just pushed an ASAM update through. When it update it and hitting Network Options again (well honestly, when i just randomly click around and then click network options again) it keeps pushing through other ASAM updates. [thought that might be of importance to notice - since that's about the only update relate thing it's done in a while]

odsPy7D.png

*i think those are separate updates since the one prior to this one said "extracting update: 1/6" **if i'm not imagining things anyways

Last Edit - i promise ..........: OK so they are separate updates - and the way they keep pushing through is in this order: Hit 'check for updates' -> internal server error -> Hit 'Network Options' -> it pushes through an ASMA update. the following one seems to however show up a lot. I think it keeps fluctuating between 3 and 6. I've done it at least ten times now and almost every time it seems to be updating *some* ASAM file. I did skim over something earlier that you guys had some issues with that as well - so i'm not sure if it's related to that or just a way to force some updates on to the hexnet when it refuses to update anything.
1. check update - 2. network options - 3. updates asam -- repeat.

MmPfJzV.png

Last edited:

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Your problems updating to DS 10000039 should be sorted out now on the server. Please try again and see how it goes. Make sure you have Config version 2.013 or higher if you are using the config. V2.014 mac version here

kristokes

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208803
Where can I download the Win OS Config version 2.013+?

Halloran

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=210256
Stuck on step 3C of the "update an old hex-net" instructions. I was able to set a static IP and get to the web interface but when I check for updates I get the "no cloud account" error and then I get "internal server error please try again". Ideas?

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
ST?ID=96670

Talked with Halloran on the phone, wheels are in motion to get this resolved.

bigdiez

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4323
Hello, I'm new here.... and from germany ;-)
...but I'm customer of the first hour -> VAG-Com :)
bought my HEX-NET HN1-000231 ( Codebase: Nov 25 2014 ) from Sebastian, looong time ago ! ( HEX-NET was not available at this time in germany )

last week I found my HEX-NET on my diagnose desk *happy* ...so with new update 20.12 I also wanted to do an update to my virgin Hex-Net...
CB: 0.4123
FW: 0.214
CFB: 0.9
BL: 0.24
DS: 0000000030

I tested with HexNetConfigV1.963.jar via USB.... Error Code -2
Then tested it over Web-Interface: I think everythink is OK. infrastructure mode...I can access via mobile-phone safari and via webbrowser to vcds-mobile

RqiBc1p

RqiBc1p

when I click Check for updates -> Internal Server Error

Self-Test -> all ok !

qM7BAPU.jpg

Last edited:

bigdiez

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4323
6W6zD7X.jpg

via Firefox

JKSkuRg.jpg

via Iphone

xszujPi.jpg

Last edited:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks for the details. It looks like you already went through every possible step in this thread. If HN1-000231 will not update via VCDS-Mobile and web browser past 0.41xx and BL .24 I believe you will need to send it to us for on-site recovery and updating.

Although you have purchased directly through @Sebastian in the past I believe this (early/Beta) HEX-NET Pro shipped directly from Ross-Tech to you in Jan, 2015. The most direct way to get it straightened out would be to mail it to us directly. I'll send an e-mail with the RMA number and details to the address we have on-file in your customer record.

Best Regards,
Dana

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
@bigdiez

After speaking to Sebastian we are looking to see if he has a reconditioned HEX-NET that can be exchanged locally. If you aren't in a rush please bump this thread back up next week or reply-to the mail I sent from Support for an update.

Best,
Dana

bigdiez

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4323
@Dana

Thx's you for your very quick response !! Good & excellent support :thumbs: Sebastian already e-mailed me to find a solution next week.... so far

"It's a little bit my mistake not to update my Hex-Net so long - shorty thereafter I bought or upgrade my old HEX-CAN to HEX-V2 -> since that time I always work the HEX-V2.
The HEX-NET became dusty in the meantime in the drawer from diagnostic trolley" :banghead:

I tried 2 days to update the HEX-NET - like you already said - I've tried eyerything...... Sorry, that you still having to deal with the "old" stuff, that was loooong ago..

Thanks again for your quick response - good forum - very good products - very good people

Best
Bigdiez

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
@bigdiez

You likely received my email reply already but I wanted to bump this thread back up in the event that you missed it. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any questions/issues and have a great weekend.

Best,
Dana

Superfestung

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240540
Hi All,
I have a similar problem.
Try to connect to the update Server, but I get also the „internal server error“ issue.
Who can help?

thanks a lot
Stefan

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Only by link so you need to upload them to a hosting site first.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Have you tried using VCDS-Mobile to update the codeblock?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Yes I did.
Checked the connection to the server and than clicked on check for updates.
Result see pictures.
Is there any other way?
20E758B9-EBE1-449B-B5AB-18E9F7D8FC97.JPG
DE0B8E38-4C3F-4B8D-84EE-D82864318ED7.JPG
52B0B150-574B-4973-B3B4-B0C5449698C6.JPG
5AD275C5-C367-4DE7-81D6-51594B9D1376.JPG
Those images don't appear, and when I click on them all I get is a one word error "Unauthorized" - ssems you need to change the permissions so they can be seen by others.

Back