Status
Not open for further replies.

sandmansans

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227942
Mind if I edit the above to make the image links clickable and such?

-Uwe-

No! I don't mind at all! Please do. I actually didn't realize that the pictures weren't showing up until now.

Make whatever edits you see fit. Grammar or even if irrelevant/pointless info needed to be removed.
Thank you Uwe

Reactions: Uwe

sandmansans

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227942
And again, I am only posting this write up here on your forum. I hope that google searches bring more folks to your webpage, more sign ups and hopefully more purchases for your product..As I mentioned before, it seems a lot of folks opt to go the splice and dice method that doesn't require VCDS for the fear that it's a difficult install. I hope that they see how easy and straight forward it is and that way end up buying a genuine ross-tech cable.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, I think all the picture links are clickable now. I'm not going to try to embed the pics because the forum software won't allow that many pics in a single post anyway.

In the first BCM section, steps 5, 6, and 7, we seem to have the same picture three times. Is that intentional?

-Uwe-

sandmansans

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227942
And by the way, I have a ton more pictures related to this install. If you think a certain step could use further photographic clarification let me know and I will upload the picture.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
OK, I think all the picture links are clickable now. I'm not going to try to embed the pics because the forum software won't allow that many pics in a single post anyway.

In the first BCM section, steps 5, 6, and 7, we seem to have the same picture three times. Is that intentional?

-Uwe-

Thanks for this, the post is much more readable now!

And again, I am only posting this write up here on your forum. I hope that google searches bring more folks to your webpage, more sign ups and hopefully more purchases for your product..As I mentioned before, it seems a lot of folks opt to go the splice and dice method that doesn't require VCDS for the fear that it's a difficult install. I hope that they see how easy and straight forward it is and that way end up buying a genuine ross-tech cable.

sandmansons:It's highly unlikely that I will ever own one of these vehicles (VW keeps placing the steering wheel on the wrong side on NAR models), but I did enjoy reading your detailed exposé. Cleary, you're a fellow pedant (it's a good attribute - IMO) where car repairs are concerned!
Cheers
Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Thansk -- I've updated those two picture links. :thumbs:

-Uwe-

sandmansans

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227942
Thank you for the kind compliment Don. If not the VW, I also find myself tinkering with my GM cars as well...Or as you know them as "Holden" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back