Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: hex net does not work well enough to trust. have to use hex can cable

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi, yeah i understand ap is wireless. for several reasons it would be helpful to have a repeater in the building. my building is quite small and the router is less than 100 feet from the hex net. however, my building is all metal. for testing purposes it would be easier to set up the laptop as a repeater. that way i could use the hex net in wireless (not ap) mode at all times and still have a good signal. normally the hex net gets a good signal, but not at all times. ill look into what i can do to improve the signal. maybe move the router as well. thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    how do I prevent vcds from updating or changing my autoscan files, or diesel graphs? every time I modify or correct those files. during updates my modifications are lost. how do I prevent that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Put custom Auto-Scan entries in the MyAutoScan.txt file please.

What "correction" are you making to the TDIGraph.cfg? If there's something you think is amiss in there, let us know please.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi, thanks, I don't think its amiss at all. its a personal pref for set up. I change the autoscan file to suit the cars I see and to only scan the modules on the car, some scan extra modules. the tdi graph, I only use the alh graph. I delete the other one, or save that file under a diff name and use a file with just alh. when vcds updates it changes those files again. I am finding it harder to change the files back. often times windows wont let me, says files are in use so I can not change them.
    thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello- I just (as in minutes ago) uploaded a debug file for the hex net. please disregard that file. the problem continues with the hex can cable also, suspect this is a car problem. thanks for the help

7. Likes Eric, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    uhm, trying to scan a 2010 tdi sport wagon. unable to check dtc in engine ecu. unable to upload debug file, file is too large. vcds will not create another debug file after deleting the existing file, debug is set to 1024. what should I do when I check dtc and it says too many errors or not supported by ecu?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Any problem accessing any of the other systems in the car?

What happens when you try with a HEX+CAN?

There are no known issues scanning those cars with the HEX-NET. I just scanned one two days ago.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello, there are no other problems scanning the car or other modules. I have tried to hex net several times today at different times, the hex net will not check dtc on this car. the hex can works perfectly. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mind posting an Auto-Scan made with a HEX+CAN? Perhaps there's something there that might provide a clue?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    sure, I can send a hex can and hex net scan. how should I upload?