Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hex net does not work well enough to trust. have to use hex can cable

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi, I noticed when I changed the debug level to 1024 many go the problems stop. is there a reason for this? how often do I need to change the debugging to 1024? 1 time or every time I open the program?
    also, over this past weekend the hex net lost save networks and would only work in ap mode. seems to be working now, very slow to test in the options screen during testing

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    1024 only needs to be run once. It will generate files that we can use to debug the issue.

In the about screen, Can you try changing the BLK int value to 100 and see if that helps.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    question- how do I delete old files from the cloud? how do I log something, save it, then open it with v/c scope without errors stating its not an original vcds file. I can save from laptop used vcds. however, If I save it to the hex net, upload to the cloud, download to a pc I get that error. nothing has been changed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zach fowler View Post
    question- how do I delete old files from the cloud?
    At the moment, it doesn't look like you can (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by zach fowler View Post
    how do I log something, save it, then open it with v/c scope without errors stating its not an original vcds file. I can save from laptop used vcds. however, If I save it to the hex net, upload to the cloud, download to a pc I get that error. nothing has been changed
    Got a docid or two we can/should look at?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes Dana liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    zach, try deleting the first line (#HNdoc ) in the log file prior to opening in VCScope.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, deleting the first line did the trick

9. Likes Santos, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    just uploaded debug file from vcds. used the upload debug/log file in vcds under applications

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, We will take a look at get back to you.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello, I can try ap mode. normally I believe it works ok. however, wireless is the best way for me to use the device. my laptop runs wireless. question- my laptop does have several wireless adapters. can I use one of them as a repeater for the wireless signal from the router? or is that not really a question for you? also, if I were to replace the router which one would you recommend? i do want one with multiple wireless signals for business and customer use. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    AP mode is wireless.

If you have multiple wireless cards in your computer, you could use one to connect to the HN in AP mode while the other connects to your usual network. Provided your usual network is not 192.168.0.x, Windows should handle that entirely gracefully.

I haven't a clue whether you can use them as a "repeater".

How far is the HN from your router? What kind of signal strength does it show for your router?

IMO, the best solution to a signal strength problem is not to replace your existing router, but to add an additional access point near where you're using your devices. That could be almost any cheap router, since your customers don't need access to it.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.