Page 3 of 215 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Presidential Election

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well this just started...... so there is an additional year of this back and fourth to go.
    I am hoping to hear solutions to issues as time goes on.........

The funny thing is though.......... I think even republicans are sick of this stale old....... "good old boy system" and want shit in the pot stirred up.
    No more puppets......

All you need is moderate democrats "if they still exist", good gun carrying libertarians to join with the gun carrying republicans, and then you have a serious change.

Flat Tax change.......gun laws, health system revamped, and the security of the nation are what matter, such as military, infrastructure, innovation, import/export balance ACTS.

How the hell can anyone expect to make a living,........... if all the jobs are taken by a person who doesn't pay into the collective....... while further sucking the life force out of that collectives services?

Time for change......... fuck hope........

Tell me how the bible and praying helped fix a car with VCDS? Anyone?

Anyone else that has an imaginary friend in society.......... talking to air at the bus stop goes to the nut house........oh yeah that was a blue tooth phone ear piece.

See what technology does....?

Where is the old post of " The Church of VCDS of later day scanned modules that display DTC's " ?

Let us pray.......something happens. Bullshit....... do something! RTFB!

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-10-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    The debate about the role of political correctness in a vibrant society is an interesting question, but when do voters (and amateur overseas observers) get to hear about the other stuff?
    Don't hold your breath! It seems that starting in the 1980's, getting elected to office became a science of appealing to fringe groups instead of actually having a plan to govern.

Both parties know that they have a percentage of sheeple who will dutifully vote for whatever candidate they put on the ballot. From there, they start assembling voters from fringe groups, who will vote for candidates based on their stated position on a hot-button topic such as pro-life, anti-immigration, pro-gun, etc. They already know the rough percentages that will vote for a candidate based on their beliefs in these issues, so it's just a matter of adding up the percentages to see what will get their candidate elected and making their politician fit that mold. There's no need to have an actual plan to govern!

I get a laugh about this at the local level. Pro-life/pro-choice is a decision at the federal level, based on a Supreme Court ruling. Why does the person running to be tax collector in my town have to answer questions in the press on where they stand on this issue? Do people not understand the structure of our government, which has federal, state, and local levels? I'm more concerned with the person's ability to mark my tax bill as paid when I hand them a check for payment, and could care less about how they feel about illegal immigrants from Elbonia sneaking across the border and taking away farm jobs 4,000km away.

Look at the current White House resident. His campaign was run on two words - hope and change. After 8 years, we have no hope and need a change.....

4. Likes Flaps10 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the current White House resident. His campaign was run on two words - hope and change. After 8 years, we have no hope and need a change.....
    There is no hope........ and more ask for spare change on the side of the road now than I've ever seen.

Hope and prayers don't work.

I want bolt lightning action/reaction.

God helps ones that help themselves....... right?

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    God helps ones that help themselves....... right?
    Not really. Consider the following quote from this article:
    http://www.gotquestions.org/God-help-themselves.html

Question: "God helps those who help themselves - is it in the Bible?"

Answer:
    "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government. Whatever the original source of this saying, the Bible teaches the opposite. God helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat..." Romans 5:6 tells us, "For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly."
    Also consider the internet authority - Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_he...elp_themselves

It is not biblical. In the Wikipedia article, I find Barna's finding intriguing. So many American Christians have no idea this is not a biblical principle.

Also the opening paragraph stating that this concept goes back to the Greeks is of interest:

The sentiment appears in ancient Greek tragedies of which only fragments now remain. In his Philoctetes (c.409 BC), Sophocles wrote, "No good e'er comes of leisure purposeless; And heaven ne’er helps the men who will not act."[2] And in the Hippolytus (428BC) of Euripides appears the speech, "Try first thyself, and after call in God; For to the worker God himself lends aid."[3]
    I hope you find my comments as an opportunity to explore the idea that using such phrases without knowing their origin can lead to misuse of the concepts. This concept is man's construct... This is man saying one should not call on the Gods to do that which a man can do for himself.

But I detract from the political discussion... continue friends!

8. Likes Uwe, DrPeter, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really. Consider the following quote from this article:
    http://www.gotquestions.org/God-help-themselves.html
    I never quoted the bible.

I disagree that god helps the helpless though.....true personal experience which has taken my lifetime so far to deal with.

When I was a kid, I wanted to become a priest up until shortly after my first communion as a Roman Catholic kid.
    My parents divorced a few years after.
    I believed in all the stories/bible teachings, because that is what is what I was taught, and the Church/Priest was the most respected man in my life.
    My mother used the Church/CCD ( St. Patrick's Church Grand and Liberty St. City of Newburgh NY ) unfortunately as the baby sitter, because she was a whore......amongst other abusive behavior.
    Even now...... Google Earth will show this area....... is not a nice area, and you should of seen it 35 years ago.
    Now as time went on....... me and another sibling were continually sexually molested by this same man and late teen alter boy......... repeatedly.
    We were helpless........ I prayed and nothing stopped it up until my mother was told we couldn't come to CCD anymore.
    My mother would forget to pick us up repeatedly....... and I suspect Sister Francis of the CCD school knew what was going on.

Well later on Father Whalen was mugged in the City of Newburgh and beat down pretty good.
    Then I felt bad about wishing him hurt or dead and he dies of brain cancer.....so I lived with guilt like it was a request heard that hung over me.
    Later on in life I reported it........... with it being discredited by my own mother. This is one of the main reasons I refuse to engage this person among many others to date!
    I waited until I was about 20 before I considered relations with anyone, only after having tests done, from being worried about having aids as a kid growing up when it was introduced in the media.
    Man that loomed over me like a black cloud.

It is also why I won't say something without being able to back it up.......... and that is with anything I do.

Not looking for pity and I never sued the Church like all the other assholes.......just figured I'd give you a perspective.

The whole religion thing and people that fight over it sickens me............
    I have yet to date seen any real miracles besides mans mind to innovate or reverse engineering of crashed product.

Some people do need help and I enjoy helping people or learn but HATE the ones looking to abuse a way to learn as a way to step on someone's kindness.

I stand behind the statement that no one can be helped unless they want to help themselves.

I would say that I was pretty aligned with this guy below and even now AD.

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-11-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy shit Jack. No pun intended.

Sorry you had to experience any of that.

I grew up with a friend who was in a Catholic family. I find the ceremonies weird, the back story of the church filled with corruption, and guilt used as the most powerful tool.

11. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alex......... guilt is the word....... because even to this day from that crap thoughts still cross my mind.

I have to say the only thing I really miss from Church, was when everyone would turn to each other and shake hands saying peace be with you.
    It was almost like you got to meet someone new you may not have known.

Other than that, the last time I was at a wedding last year looking at the walls of the Church..... displays the " Stations of the Cross ".
    I now call them the Guilt Train Stations of the Cross.

I loved the Trump speech last night I saw.

Tone it down .......that is what I always get told, or do you have to always be right......?

I am not always right and I make mistakes.......

Negative attention is still Attention.......
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-12-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That video Jack posted is funny as hell. Watching it, it becomes super obvious that The Donald would be harpooned constantly for his entire time in office for anything even slightly stupid coming out of his mouth (so, about 12 times per day).

Think Joe Biden, Dan Quail, W, etc