Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Presidential Election

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill was going to get elected anyway. He was faced with impeachment and was 're elected.

Ross Perot was the best hope we had. You're missing the chapter where he was kicking ass and then pulled out for a while.

Seems something threatened his family. Once that detail was dealt with his 're entry was a fizzle because the press painted him as inconsistent.

Choosing to not vote for the best candidate because of the third party split theory is weak and serves the corrupt parties we get to choose from.

Now we get the choice of ass cancer or brain annurism. Not much to pick from

2. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Oh come on Bill was entertaining. Soap opera writers couldn't have done better.
    Actually, Bill did a pretty decent job as President for a donkey. How much of that was because Newt Gingrich and the elephants held him in check at the congressional level is debatable.

"I used to be disgusted. Now I'm just amused."
    Since I live in a state where my vote literally doesn't count, I used to be apathetic but now I'm amused as well.

It is fun to watch the State Department drag their feet under orders from somebody in releasing Hillary's emails, milking them so that they'll last through the election cycle and not be forgotten by election day. (Her own party holds the White House, and you can only assume that someone in a senior role has a vendetta against her.)

It is fun to watch the political machine try to throw dirt at Donald Trump, and every attempt seems to only make his poll numbers higher. I think that their latest strategy is to just let him shoot himself in the foot.

It is fun to watch the new "super-PAC" rules playing out for the first time. Carly Fiorina's campaign manager made a statement in the press the other day that she hoped her super-PAC wouldn't spend millions of dollars on TV ads in Ohio, because the money would be better spent putting boots on the ground in Iowa and other early primary states. Super-PACs are a new fundraising loophole for politicians, which allow them to get around fundraising limits by letting fanboys/fangirls raise "unofficial" money and spend it however they want. They just can't coordinate or take orders from the politician's campaign itself, hence making the statement of how they'd prefer to spend the money in the press instead. (As for Carly's viability as a candidate, I credit her with single-handedly destroying HP while she was CEO, and wouldn't let her manage a bake sale if I have a say.)

The most entertaining thing of all is political debates, where moderators ask questions and politicians say what they rehearsed instead of answering them:

Moderator: Candidate A, can you tell me how you feel about the trade deficit with Bangladesh?

Candidate A: Today, I'd like to talk about the plight of Laquita the cashier and single mom, stuck in a dead-end job flipping burgers in a Chicago ghetto...

Unfortunately, the press lets all of this go on without question, because what was once a noble profession with at least a hint of high standards and ethics is now a bunch of un-trained blogging idiots and proving the theory about a million chimpanzees with a million typewriters. They look for a sound bite to quote, and not that the person completely avoided the question being asked.....

4. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, flygteye liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me I have always liked the guy that will tell it like it is and not be afraid to be politically correct at every turn.

People are tired of the bullshit........I know I am.

I actually liked Newt ever since I was a little kid.
    I paid attention to him just because I read a Penthouse magazine I found " I technically shouldn't of been reviewing at the time as a Roman Catholic ",
    It labeled him as the asshole of the month....... so of course that immediately intrigued me.

The guy is a great speaker......

Speaking of context.........my hero!

Good thing I figured that out early.......

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-08-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    This was great....

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Since this was split from the "It was funny to me" thread, I'll interject some humor:

The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes vreihen, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some comedian pointed out that both China and Russia know more about Hillary's private email server than the State Department does.....

11. Likes Flaps10, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not sure whether to put this in "Random Videos", "It was funny to me", or here:

The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I do believe that Trump being here has brought attention to the issues on all sides.
    More people are watching this now than ever.
    It takes balls to get on stage, just shoot from the hip with a witty articulated answer.
    In my opinion, being able to weather the politically incorrect comments, and be funny........ is entertaining.
    It would be interesting to see a Trump/Paul presidential ticket and cabinet of people like Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern, etc....

Does anyone recall when Howard was going to run for governor of NY and said he would run on repaving the LIE in LI?

The LIE did get repaved and the response he received to embrace him in politics fast was amazing!
    I think people want that familiar voice or face......... that even if they said something off color....... they did recall it and know where they stand.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...AA9B91E40CEC20
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 08-10-2015 at 12:42 PM.

14. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack: Hope you will forgive a reply from an amateur (albeit, interested) observer from the antipodes!

Yes, I agree that the first task of a successful democracy (regardless of country) is to have the active participation of voters. Perhaps this is even more important in a country like yours where voting is not compulsory. And yes, I also agree that the primary objective for the razzamatazz that inevitably accompanies all of your political events is probably aimed at promoting the involment of the voters. But at some point in proceedings, surely glib (attention seeking) comments from would-be Presidential candidates must give-way to more substantiive statements such as the candidate's policies on the stuff that really matters to America (and as a consequence, the stuff that matters to the rest of the world - including to those of us that live on an insignificant island floating in the southern pacific ocean). The debate about the role of political correctness in a vibrant society is an interesting question, but when do voters (and amateur overseas observers) get to hear about the other stuff?
    Cheers
    Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)