Status
Not open for further replies.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ hmm........... is this the same man that could be your next President?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

This says it all from the grave.........another way of saying guided fault finding.......or hell using the word Fuck and being politically incorrect.

This guy was always funny to me.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Ancient Astronaut Theorists say yes.......
To bad he's dead...... RIP George........

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
^^^ hmm........... is this the same man that could be your next President?

I'm truly amazed at how someone on the complete opposite side of the planet knows more about our political system and candidates than our own citizens. A typical American would say that he's the guy from the TV show who said "you're fired" all the time. :banghead:

Yes, that is "The Donald" Trump, billionaire businessman and real estate developer turned TV personality turned politician. The election is still a year and a half away, and career politicians are wrestling with how to stop him or at least discredit his messages. He's still a long shot to win at this point.....

Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I'm truly amazed at how someone on the complete opposite side of the planet knows more about our political system and candidates than our own citizens. A typical American would say that he's the guy from the TV show who said "you're fired" all the time. :banghead:

Yes, that is "The Donald" Trump, billionaire businessman and real estate developer turned TV personality turned politician. The election is still a year and a half away, and career politicians are wrestling with how to stop him or at least discredit his messages. He's still a long shot to win at this point.....

vreihen: Honestly, I have always found your system of government to be fascinating - and, to be frank (I'll be earnest if you don't like Frank) more than a little confusing!! I guess the ambitions of would-be candidates for POTUS is not limited to any particular type of American citizen. But I find the current batch of candidates vying for the position to be, well ......... interesting! Still- down here we chose a failed, would-be Jesuit priest who has political leanings that are to-the-right of Genghis-Khan as our leader (Prime Minister). So I guess that the adage about getting the politician's that we deserve might be true in both our countries! Nevertheless, the political dynamic in your part of the world over the next 18 months should be a "corker" !!
Don

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
The republicans will not nominate him or endorse him in any way. Both parties are a good old boy club. Candidates are chosen well in advance.

That leaves third party. I have quietly voted third party my ENTIRE adult life and it has taken this entire time to get anyone, mostly republicans to finally agree that it may be time. Not that an arrogant wind bag could get elec-, er, never mind.

I appreciate that he isn't reading from the list of two party approved topics. He will stick his foot in his mouth enough times before the election to sabotage himself, so rest assured.

As for the Rs? I'm reminded of a quote from Lee Iacocca regarding the early 70s mustang: "The buyers didn't leave us. We left them."

Grow a spine ass holes. Fiscal responsibility, the constitution, clean up the crooks in your midst and then come clean about how we fix the economy.

No? Fuck off.

They'll put up another bob dole, that scar faced cunt McCain or the Mormon. I would rather watch bread go stale

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
That leaves third party. I have quietly voted third party my ENTIRE adult life and it has taken this entire time to get anyone, mostly republicans to finally agree that it may be time. Not that an arrogant wind bag could get elec-, er, never mind.

If Trump runs as a third-party candidate, history already tells us what the outcome will be. Back in 1992, Ross Perot ran as a third-party candidate. For those who don't know, he was a billionaire businessman with zero political experience, and his campaign was all charts and stuff like you would expect in a CEO's business presentation. The only thing that he did was split the elephant party vote, and the result was a donkey party candidate named Bill Clinton winning the election. Talk about irony in 2016! If Trump runs as a third-party candidate, he will also split the elephant party vote, and another jackass named Clinton will be elected president!

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it..... :facepalm:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If Trump runs as a third-party candidate, he will also split the elephant party vote, and another jackass named Clinton will be elected president!
Oh come on Bill was entertaining. Soap opera writers couldn't have done better. Hillary? She should already be in jail. My best guess is she has so much dirt on other people in her files that actually prosecuting her would just be MAD. If she gets the jackass party's nomination (which I think is far from a sure thing) and subsequently gets elected, she won't be any worse than any of the main-stream pachyderms likely to get their party's nomination. Sorry, but they're all in the pocket of the banksters and other corporate lobbyists. In the end, I don't think makes much difference who gets elected. No matter how much of an idealist they are, after the election, but before the inauguration, they will be "briefed" so that they understand how things really work.

There's one thing to be said for a guy like Perot or Trump: They can't be bought, at least not with money. They do however have families...

"I used to be disgusted. Now I'm just amused."

-Uwe-

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
Bill was going to get elected anyway. He was faced with impeachment and was 're elected.

Ross Perot was the best hope we had. You're missing the chapter where he was kicking ass and then pulled out for a while.

Seems something threatened his family. Once that detail was dealt with his 're entry was a fizzle because the press painted him as inconsistent.

Choosing to not vote for the best candidate because of the third party split theory is weak and serves the corrupt parties we get to choose from.

Now we get the choice of ass cancer or brain annurism. Not much to pick from

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Oh come on Bill was entertaining. Soap opera writers couldn't have done better.

Actually, Bill did a pretty decent job as President for a donkey. How much of that was because Newt Gingrich and the elephants held him in check at the congressional level is debatable.

"I used to be disgusted. Now I'm just amused."

Since I live in a state where my vote literally doesn't count, I used to be apathetic but now I'm amused as well.

It is fun to watch the State Department drag their feet under orders from somebody in releasing Hillary's emails, milking them so that they'll last through the election cycle and not be forgotten by election day. (Her own party holds the White House, and you can only assume that someone in a senior role has a vendetta against her.)

It is fun to watch the political machine try to throw dirt at Donald Trump, and every attempt seems to only make his poll numbers higher. I think that their latest strategy is to just let him shoot himself in the foot.

It is fun to watch the new "super-PAC" rules playing out for the first time. Carly Fiorina's campaign manager made a statement in the press the other day that she hoped her super-PAC wouldn't spend millions of dollars on TV ads in Ohio, because the money would be better spent putting boots on the ground in Iowa and other early primary states. Super-PACs are a new fundraising loophole for politicians, which allow them to get around fundraising limits by letting fanboys/fangirls raise "unofficial" money and spend it however they want. They just can't coordinate or take orders from the politician's campaign itself, hence making the statement of how they'd prefer to spend the money in the press instead. (As for Carly's viability as a candidate, I credit her with single-handedly destroying HP while she was CEO, and wouldn't let her manage a bake sale if I have a say.)

The most entertaining thing of all is political debates, where moderators ask questions and politicians say what they rehearsed instead of answering them:

Moderator: Candidate A, can you tell me how you feel about the trade deficit with Bangladesh?

Candidate A: Today, I'd like to talk about the plight of Laquita the cashier and single mom, stuck in a dead-end job flipping burgers in a Chicago ghetto...

Unfortunately, the press lets all of this go on without question, because what was once a noble profession with at least a hint of high standards and ethics is now a bunch of un-trained blogging idiots and proving the theory about a million chimpanzees with a million typewriters. They look for a sound bite to quote, and not that the person completely avoided the question being asked.....

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Me I have always liked the guy that will tell it like it is and not be afraid to be politically correct at every turn.

People are tired of the bullshit........I know I am.

I actually liked Newt ever since I was a little kid.
I paid attention to him just because I read a Penthouse magazine I found " I technically shouldn't of been reviewing at the time as a Roman Catholic ",
It labeled him as the asshole of the month....... so of course that immediately intrigued me.

The guy is a great speaker......

Speaking of context.........my hero!

Good thing I figured that out early.......

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Since this was split from the "It was funny to me" thread, I'll interject some humor:

Meme-Hillary-I-Did-Not-Have-Textual-Relations-With-That-Server-Lars-Larson.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not sure whether to put this in "Random Videos", "It was funny to me", or here:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well I do believe that Trump being here has brought attention to the issues on all sides.
More people are watching this now than ever.
It takes balls to get on stage, just shoot from the hip with a witty articulated answer.
In my opinion, being able to weather the politically incorrect comments, and be funny........ is entertaining.
It would be interesting to see a Trump/Paul presidential ticket and cabinet of people like Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern, etc....

Does anyone recall when Howard was going to run for governor of NY and said he would run on repaving the LIE in LI?

The LIE did get repaved and the response he received to embrace him in politics fast was amazing!
I think people want that familiar voice or face......... that even if they said something off color....... they did recall it and know where they stand.

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trump+speeches&FORM=VIRE5#view=detail&mid=7B4C78AA9B91E40CEC207B4C78AA9B91E40CEC20[/video]

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Jack: Hope you will forgive a reply from an amateur (albeit, interested) observer from the antipodes!

Yes, I agree that the first task of a successful democracy (regardless of country) is to have the active participation of voters. Perhaps this is even more important in a country like yours where voting is not compulsory. And yes, I also agree that the primary objective for the razzamatazz that inevitably accompanies all of your political events is probably aimed at promoting the involment of the voters. But at some point in proceedings, surely glib (attention seeking) comments from would-be Presidential candidates must give-way to more substantiive statements such as the candidate's policies on the stuff that really matters to America (and as a consequence, the stuff that matters to the rest of the world - including to those of us that live on an insignificant island floating in the southern pacific ocean). The debate about the role of political correctness in a vibrant society is an interesting question, but when do voters (and amateur overseas observers) get to hear about the other stuff?
Cheers
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back