Cannot use VCDS (Hex Net) since update 15.0.7

actionjaxon23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=111482
Hi all and TIA for any help you provide. I cannot seem to get my HEX NET going since the update. I tried it on my desktop at work, my laptop and my phone using mobile. I read and tried to understand what I can from this forum. It seems that I have to update first via mobile. I can never log into mobile. It always comes up saying Login incorrect! Maybe I'm confused but shouldn't my password be the same as it is to log into this forum? I have since changed it in this forum and it still doesn't work and just keeps reading login incorrect. I have cleared all cookies etc in my browser for my phone. Any help would be appreciated, I'd just like to get this up and running again.

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Maybe I'm confused but shouldn't my password be the same as it is to log into this forum?

No!

The password in the Hex-Net (by default) is "password" and case-sensitive. If you think it may have been inadvertently changed; press and hold the button on the Hex-Net whilst powered for 15 seconds. This will reset the password to "password".

Reactions: Uwe

actionjaxon23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=111482
Thank you that worked. Now I'm having a problem updating it but I'm sure I can figure that part out.

Reactions: Uwe

actionjaxon23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=111482
Ok thanks again for the 1st response. Now I'm connected. However it tells me via my laptop that I have to update via vcds mobile to use any feature which makes my vcds useless unless I can update via mobile. Now when connected via mobile it just says update check timed out. please check your internet connection. My internet connection is fine. Any idea why I'm having problems?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The HEX-NET must be in infrastructure mode to be able to connect to the internet. Is it?

-Uwe-

actionjaxon23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=111482
The HEX-NET must be in infrastructure mode to be able to connect to the internet. Is it?

-Uwe-

No it was in AP mode. I can't switch it or edit another profile though because the version on my laptop is newer than the HEX-NET and it doesn't like it. Thanks for your patience. What can I do now?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you're using HexNetConfig v 2.005, you should be able to click past the warnings that the firmware is too old and still be able to use it for network configuration. If that doesn't work for you, there are links to the previous v 1.963 in the top post of the Current Versions thread.

-Uwe-

actionjaxon23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=111482
Got it figured out. My IT guy at work got me updated and back on track. Thanks for the help!

Back