Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MIB 2 and the possibility of Retrofitting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    What do you mean ďremapĒ the mic. I wonder because Iíve got the mib2 in but the mic isnít working yet.
    On the PQ platform, the BT mic is usually wired to the BT module under the right front seat. With MIB2, its wired directly to the radio. If one has RNS510 with voice control or RNS315, when the mic is already wired the correct way for MIB2.

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did a Discover Media MIB2 retrofit on a 2010 Passat B6 which had RNS510 with voice control and the mic still didn't work. The problem was from the quadlock adapter - the pins were inserted in the wrong place. On the car side of the quadlock adapter the pins for the microphone were inserted in positions 6 and 12 instead of 1 and 7 and on the MIB2 side of the adapter the positions were correct but the + and - were reversed. I moved the pins on both sides of the quadlock adapter and now the mic works.

The only problem that I have is that I cannot load the maps. I bought an used original VW maps card from ebay, the unit detects that there is map info on the card ("The source contains the navigation database" message appears) but in the NAV menu It shows "The navigation database is not available".

I've read somewhere that these cards are "married" to one car / DM, so if they were used before they cannot be used on a different car - probably an anti-theft measure.

I tried writing the map info on a new, 3rd party SD, the DiscoverCare app sees the card, the map info is loaded, but the DM doesn't see the card.

Does anyone have any ideea if and how can the maps be loaded or must I buy a new original card from VW (~80 EUR)?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I managed to load the maps, but now I gave another problem: the mic is always on and if you talk inside the car you will hear yourself in the car's speakers... I couldn't find anything related to this in the coding. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BogdanTQ View Post
    Ok, I managed to load the maps, but now I gave another problem: the mic is always on and if you talk inside the car you will hear yourself in the car's speakers... I couldn't find anything related to this in the coding. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Start to turn the volume adjustment while the radio or something is on.
    You will see a small icon appear at the top which is 2 people talking (apparently).
    Press on this icon then turn down the volume for the conversation assist or whatever they call it.
    It is designed for noisy cars like a cabrio where the rear passengers can't hear you. It is taking your voice from the mic and sending it to the speakers so they can hear.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

6. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave, BogdanTQ, NitrousOxide liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

maps

Quote Originally Posted by BogdanTQ View Post
    Hi, I wanted to know how you managed to load the maps? to pair sd card?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks kamold! Sorry for the late reply, I was on a ~3500 km road-trip through Europe and didn't check the forum. That was it. I also found it in the sound settings - it is the voice enhancement feature. Turned it off -> problem solved :-D. Everything works great now.`

@supremo - This might be region-dependent. In the maps folder there are two sub-folders - I had "00" and "EEC". I've renamed "00" to "22" and changed the zone from Europe to Australia in the 5F coding.
    Last edited by BogdanTQ; 09-21-2018 at 03:22 AM.

9. Likes kamold liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to do this retrofit. Anyone have a full DIY posted anywhere?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle_h View Post
    I'd love to do this retrofit. Anyone have a full DIY posted anywhere?
    There is no easy way about it, if your car never came with that kind of radio, VW won't be able to remove CP from it, period. No ways around it. There is a method of patching CP which I have done many times.
    Check my feed .>>> instagram.com/PeterDNA

-Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dna007 View Post
    There is no easy way about it, if your car never came with that kind of radio, VW won't be able to remove CP from it, period. No ways around it. There is a method of patching CP which I have done many times.
    Check my feed .>>> instagram.com/PeterDNA

-Peter
    Unlock radio and enabale activations permanent is possible over half year
    but I dont think he will pay 2000$ for solution to make 1 radio
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT