Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports! WTF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    Link? Or was that from the paywalled article?
    Jason
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/bertelsc.../#4d1459d1ce86

I should use my company card to buy that Bild am Sonntag article
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I should use my company card to buy that Bild am Sonntag article
    Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,
    derzeit ist der Kauf dieses e-Papers in Ihrem Land nicht verfügbar. Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

3. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tuners,

Any of you have one of these?

If the OEM is required to tag a car to amend its conformity........ what makes you think the tuners would be any less exempt?

Want to sell your tunes for the street with a valid VIN #, than show your true tuning abilities and put your money where your mouth is.

My recommendation to any consumer is to demand such a document, or from any tuner which is stating that their tunes are in fact legal.

Oh and FYI ..........if you are selling in the spirit of "for off road use" .......you can't use a VIN #, and you must prove you destroyed the EPA conformity tag.

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Here I come...........

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Negan says good bye to the tuners.............

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone that wants to verify if their tuner is full of shit, can go to these two convenient links to verify their bullshit story.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/publist1.jsp

As can be seen........... legal tuners such as "Saleen Performance" or "Neuspeed" have documented data for hardware or software devices.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/db/search/google_result.htm?q=neuspeed&which=arb_google&cx=0 06180681887686055858%3Abew1c4wl8hc&srch_words=&cof =FORID%3A11

I bet "Wordbank" can tell you who isn't in those links............

Post Thanks / Like
    The list could be getting much bigger very soon.......

Interesting what types of names these environmental terrorists/criminals
    have.......

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/epa-fugitives

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dragracingscene.com/news/epa-ecm-tuners/

EPA Goes After Performance ECM Tuners – Who is next?

Harley-Davidson has settled with the EPA with a $15 million dollar agreement after federal environmental officials filed a complaint. This expensive complaint is over the Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle tuners sold by the company. The contention from the EPA is that these tuners equate to higher emissions levels.
    Since 2008, around 340,000 of these tuners have been sold. They allow the user to modify systems and increase power and improve performance. According to prosecutors, they also allow users to illegally increase emissions of harmful pollutants like nitrogen oxide.

This is extremely bothersome at its core. These tuners are used by consumers who own a Harley. I’m not sure why this falls under the responsibility of Harley-Davidson, and not the user to begin with. Then as far as the user goes, if they pass whatever state mandated emissions testing is required, great, leave them alone. If they’re not required to get emissions testing, great, leave them alone! I hardly see how this is Harley’s fault, but it points right to this overreach, overregulation mess we keep fighting in this industry.
    As far as an explanation from the other side goes, Clarence Ditlow, president of the Center of Auto Safety Inc. explains “What the government is doing is they’re catching up to what the industry is doing and they’re saying that ‘We’re not going to tolerate it anymore. We’re going to hit you with big penalties.’ These tuners where you can increase the performance of a motorcycle are very commonplace.”
    This seems like an ominous sign of things to come. We all know how one outcome can dictate future cases, as well as the ‘enthusiasm’ by the EPA to pursue ‘offenders’ who have decided not to walk on their arbitrary eggshells.
    Do you think this is a sign of more to come?

I do I do..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I do I do..........
    I'd rather they went after Hardly Ablesons for all the damn noise they make with their open pipes than the utterly insignificant amount of pollution the create.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts, vreihen liked this post