Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports! WTF

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports! WTF

Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports!

Am I the only one upset about this in a room standing in the corner?

I am just wondering why shops would consider such a liability, and the fact that they lose money by giving up great repair work?

Whether shop business owners realize it or not, a serious loss of income has taken place in repair shops/parts stores Nationwide due to this crap!
    Techs are moving from shop to shop because they can't make any money...... according to tool guys I speak to.
    In July alone I received 43 job resumes ......that's crazy!

It's bad enough when you hear that cars are 6 years @0% and a lease for $150 USD a month!

Deletes are not real Racing/Motorsports........ it's for lazy assholes looking to make a quick buck!

Fortunately we can use VCDS to help detect such things, however, for some it maybe hard, so I am going to start, and would like others to add to things they do to detect it.

I think it's time to deploy the VCDS Tuning detection button...........

I am all for true Motorsports, however, someone needs to put a stop to this shit.

http://www2.epa.gov/enforcement/air-enforcement#engines
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 07-23-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes Santos, Jetta ,97, Obnoxiousblue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    It's bad enough when you hear that cars are 6 years @0% and a lease for $150 USD a month!
    Anyone that finances or leases a car for longer than the bumper-to-bumper warranty on that car is a fool.

Deletes are not racing/motorsports........ it's for lazy assholes looking to make a quick buck!
    Another way to look it it is: They are the invisible hand reacting to excessive regulation.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes vreihen, smokey08 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another way to look it it is: They are the invisible hand reacting to excessive regulation.
    Well there are always things that are over reached, or need improved legislation.
    That's why we have update programming.......and sometimes not when needed.
    Now if someone was saying, hey I found a flaw, and here is the correct update threshold leaving the system functional this would be a different story than shutting off monitors!

When someone strips the bay of everything from SAI, EVAP, LDP, CAT, OXS, MAF......I don't think so.
    Many less suicides or accidents in a garage for carbon monoxide CO since these devices.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

The cars do absolutely run so clean now as compared to the 70's or even 80's.

Now if someone wanted to argue things like an EGR in a diesel........ I would say that needs to be re thought and addressed, maybe some thing's in thresholds widened!

Now I recall Uwe, how impressed you were with your very own TDI Tow-Rig....... for how clean the exhaust pipe was using a Piss Wash!
    There is a clear difference to me when someone says we are doing this to increase HP and efficiency, verse be the rebel to something that is over regulated.

There are a whole bunch of people that have been mislead/brainwashed into thinking these things are an improvement verse a way to circumvent a repair.

My favorite is : " oh I am going to run my CAT but get an SAI delete " They say this because they know the CAT cleans things up but they don't know what the SAI does to aid the CAT to actually lite off doing its job.

The flip side to over legislation on drunk driving.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19437417
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 07-23-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You won't get any argument that the cars made prior to somewhere in the 1980s ran unacceptably dirty, but we've reached the point of diminishing returns since then, and continuously tightening the standards no longer results in material improvements in our air quality; it just adds cost, complexity, shit that's gonna break, and in the case of diesels, increased fuel consumption.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes vreihen, Jack@European_Parts, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You won't get any argument that the cars made prior to somewhere in the 1980s ran unacceptably dirty, but we've reached the point of diminishing returns since then, and continuously tightening the standards no longer results in material improvements in our air quality; it just adds cost, complexity, shit that's gonna break, and in the case of diesels, increased fuel consumption.
    Regulation was also to force/induce innovation.
    Well there is a big difference in doing something to correct a problem and an entire other to just say "oh well..... lets delete all of it!"

Really the CF gas stuff that is coming is going to bring a new age of use for fossil fuel gasoline and GTL LP diesel.
    I have worked on it making my own experiments + seen the stuff in the labs.
    It will give you and everyone a real wake up call to simplified, very low emissions..... a significant increase of fuel efficiency/MPG we have not seen publically to date.
    Most of all it will bring unprecedented amounts of power/tq from a very small engine.

Look what happened to oil with shale type or fracking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack I am with you but there is nothing we can chnage.

Same thing with online parts sale , specifically black CHINA market. Customer will come and say , well I can get that part online for 3 x less. and go on and go on.
    Same thing when some New guy see OBD reader for $50 and goes , why this Ross-Tech guys wants $350 for this tool and I can get this one for $50 .

To many people got involved in this business and they think if they learn 2-3 things they are Top technicians, they know everything and etc.After 24 years working on cars I can not still says I know everything and time to time I get stuck with problems.
    One thing that people do not realize that THIS IS not construction job that you can learn in 6 moths.You really needs to be BORN for.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

10. Likes Dana, Millers Motors, vreihen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack I am with you but there is nothing we can chnage.

Same thing with online parts sale , specifically black CHINA market. Customer will come and say , well I can get that part online for 3 x less. and go on and go on.
    Same thing when some New guy see OBD reader for $50 and goes , why this Ross-Tech guys wants $350 for this tool and I can get this one for $50 .

To many people got involved in this business and they think if they learn 2-3 things they are Top technicians, they know everything and etc.After 24 years working on cars I can not still says I know everything and time to time I get stuck with problems.
    One thing that people do not realize that THIS IS not construction job that you can learn in 6 moths.You really needs to be BORN for.
    It's a good point Marin, however, I have had it UP TO HERE! with this delete crap.......
    I am going to see if I can make a difference in it.

The way I see it.......... the Government wants my tax money......... and I pay it!
    These agencies are supposed to take care of this and are vicariously responsible for the losses we incur as repair shops for recorded lost sales.
    This is failure to act so far!

If no one does anything than everyone lines up at the welfare line to do their EBT rap video.
    WTF ever happened to work ethic?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good point Marin, however, I have had it UP TO HERE! with this delete crap.......
    Along the same lines... Santos and I dealt with a used car lot in Cali where the owner is all pissed because he was thinking VCDS is a "one click" and Readiness is all set. He was also mad he couldn't at least set other monitors with the N80 blown wide open.... our product failed.

Dana and I were talking about the SAI delete fools this week as well, we think the logic comes from the old belt driven smog pump days.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually know a couple folks who work for the EPA.

the reason they do not hunt down and seek prosecution is money and priorities.

there is an enforcement office, and the law provides pretty hefty penalties, but the office(es) responsible have limited staff and budget.

as you would hope, they focus on the cases with the largest impact on public health.

there have been some prosecutions and settlements from outfits which sold DPF deletes, but for first, over the road trucks, and another case for the large pickups.

In general, they do not want to jail folks, but to gain compliance with the laws, (for clean air)

You can make an argument that cars are "clean enough", but it is hard for me to balance that with the occasional code orange and code red air quality days we have around here.

there are more and more cars and trucks on the road, and the emissions do have health impacts.

you could also make the case that what is good for NYC or Washington or LA is not required in Montana, but be careful what you ask for. folks in Europe get stuck with stickers that tie emissions compliance with access to various cities, (this restricts movement, and costs money to administer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike I am glad you came to the thread by the way.......

Personally I like stuff clean and mean.......

Fact: Proper mean is on side of clean if done right.
    Rear OXS has more clarity to control mixture after CAT once exothermic.

WTF:
    I challenge any tuner to explain the benefits of removing SAI, EVAP, or rear OXS and removal of CAT as apposed to using it and going much larger with a real CAT to be a finer scrubber.

Now I could see installing all metal check valves for boost leak preventive in intake to N80, booster, LDP or other intake vacuum operated accessories.

15. Likes Eric, Fredrick Awuor liked this post