Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: WTF Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports! WTF

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normally I'd say the same but on this one I liked it.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where have I heard this before?

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2019/06...ner-proof-ecu/

2020 Chevrolet Corvette to get an 'un-tunable' ECU?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Where have I heard this before?

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2019/06...ner-proof-ecu/

2020 Chevrolet Corvette to get an 'un-tunable' ECU?
    Heh, right?

The other thing is setups like Chrysler's "Security Gateway" to prevent non-factory scan tools from using the OE protocols to communicate with more than just the standardized OBD2 stuff will apparently become more and more common. Currently there is a bypass harness one can install to get something like an Autel scan tool to talk to everything, but it's extra time/labor to do it obviously.

I've been told that most every other OE is looking at similar solutions in the near future as well. I have a friend who works for Harmon/Kardon and they're apparently the ones who devised it for Chrysler and are now being contracted by other OEs to implement similar setups on other brands, including VW, he tells me.

This would mean another headache for Ross-Tech should that indeed come down the pipeline on VAG vehicles.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also related news: https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/perf...ormation-sheet

Performance Diesel Inc has been effectively shut down by the EPA for installing defeat devices. I have been hearing similar stories in the last month about large diesel truck tuners one by one being raided for evidence and lawsuits flung at them for the installation of "defeat devices". One in Colorado last week called "Diesel Daydreams" was among them from a social media post that I came across that included a photo of one of the shop's owners or employees sitting down while bullet proof vested federal agents were collecting evidence.

The EPA has a site with information on what shops have been "inspected" and include very detailed accounts of what was seen and discussed during their visits, including "Green Diesel Engineering" in Michigan.

Some of the most recently released reports can be found here: https://ofmpub.epa.gov/apex/tocar/f?...5132612::NO:::

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like