WTF Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports! WTF

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
ACTION!

https://jalopnik.com/aftermarket-software-tuners-sct-and-bully-dog-forced-to-1829348318

Aftermarket Software Tuners SCT and Bully Dog Forced to Pay Significant EPA Penalty for Dirty Tunes

fqwkll7ds5reoso07dvd.png

https://www.arnoldporter.com/en/per...ignals-more-enforcement-cases-for-aftermarket

EPA Signals More Enforcement Cases for Aftermarket Parts Manufacturers

tumblr_o3h5q6Rs0P1up8ga8o1_500.gif

RCC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=10231
If legislators had a "Genuine" concern for reducing emissions and approached the subject solely with respect to the vehicle emitting emissions that did not exceed federal standards, then, I would be ALL for it, however, looking at how California laws along with some of the requirements it imposes, I am NOT a fan.

Case in point, many years ago I owned a 1972 Plymouth with a 440CID engine that I built, this was a Built engine with all of the goodies, high lift split duration cam, 30 over aluminum forged flat top pistons etc. etc. etc.

When all was said and done I remove all required smog devices and took the car down to the local smog station, they ran the test with the sniffer and it passed with flying colors but guess what, it didn't matter because California was more worried about what wasn't on the car than the level of emissions it was outputting and this is still the case today!!

I have another highly modified OBDII car that passes all C.A.R.B emissions tests with stock like results (including the sniffer test) but good old money grubbin' California doesn't care because they make their money on the process and as well, they want to gain increasing control over citizens in this so-called free country.

It absolutely should not matter what is done under the hood as long as what comes out of the exhaust pipe(s) meets emissions level standards for the vehicle in question, after all, isn't it ultimately suppose to be about the quality of the air we breath ...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
If legislators had a "Genuine" concern for reducing emissions and approached the subject solely with respect to the vehicle emitting emissions that did not exceed federal standards, then, I would be ALL for it, however, looking at how California laws along with some of the requirements it imposes, I am NOT a fan.

Case in point, many years ago I owned a 1972 Plymouth with a 440CID engine that I built, this was a Built engine with all of the goodies, high lift split duration cam, 30 over aluminum forged flat top pistons etc. etc. etc.

When all was said and done I remove all required smog devices and took the car down to the local smog station, they ran the test with the sniffer and it passed with flying colors but guess what, it didn't matter because California was more worried about what wasn't on the car than the level of emissions it was outputting and this is still the case today!!

I have another highly modified OBDII car that passes all C.A.R.B emissions tests with stock like results (including the sniffer test) but good old money grubbin' California doesn't care because they make their money on the process and as well, they want to gain increasing control over citizens in this so-called free country.

It absolutely should not matter what is done under the hood as long as what comes out of the exhaust pipe(s) meets emissions level standards for the vehicle in question, after all, isn't it ultimately suppose to be about the quality of the air we breath ...:rolleyes:

Actually the CARB certification process & especially for independents and lab tests are not that hard or costly, are you sure you are not bullshitting?

Why not buy performance stuff that is CARB exempt already?

So go ahead describe your tests for the FTP you did on tailpipe & in detail, the bag readings etc.....? :p

Hey why didn't you just install a proper capacitor bank, save fuel and HP & instead of some POS alternator?

"Please step back and place your hands in the yellow circles?"

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

In freer states, that's how it used to be. Way back when, I had a 1984 GTI for quite a few years. It had a cam, the euro manifold, the euro dual-outlet downpipe (which didn't leave room for a CAT), free-flowing exhaust, etc... But it always passed the annual sniffer test just fine, so nobody cared. Ditto with my 1997 GTI-VR6. Schrick cams, Schrick intake manifold, Techtonics exhaust (although I kept the CAT on that one), GIAC chip; no problems with the sniffer test.

Now if you're doing this on public roads, I can see where people might have a problem:

coalroad.jpg

RCC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=10231
Jack@European_Parts;149194]Actually the CARB certification process & especially for independents and lab tests are not that hard or costly, are you sure you are not bullshitting?
Nope, no bullshit here, don't have time for nonsense.

Why not buy performance stuff that is CARB exempt already?
Facts are:
1. There are not a lot of "Real" performance parts companies that offer C.A.R.B legal parts.
2. There are fewer "Real" performance parts companies that offer worthwhile (in my opinion) upgrades that are C.A.R.B legal.

Many California based companies do not even get involved with C.A.R.B certification for their parts, they just deem them for off road use, one of the big air intake providers (K&N) that once offered everything C.A.R.B. certified has backed off on this with some products they now offer for later model vehicles.

So go ahead describe your tests for the FTP you did on tailpipe & in detail, the bag readings etc.....? :p
First of all, I did not personally perform any tests due to the fact that I do not have the appropriate equipment nor am not certified to perform such tests, as stated in my original post, an actual Smog station performed any tests mentioned.

Hey why didn't you just install a proper capacitor bank, save fuel and HP & instead of some POS alternator?
Alternator :confused::confused:, I have no idea as to what you are talking about here ...:(

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Alternator , I have no idea as to what you are talking about here ..

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...ge-Which-Group&p=144635&viewfull=1#post144635

You sure and is your stage 3 running deleted components or monitors, this I speculate indeed it is?
Just post a complete auto-scan of your car after a DTC reset and don't even start car & I'll show you.... ;)

Dont you think K&N was more worried about oiled elements that contaminated a MAF?

Time for Uwe's K&N smoke story..... :popcorn:

RCC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=10231
1. How my "personal" car is setup has nothing at all to do with this thread, so, I won't be entertaining your curiosity on that subject, with all due respect you can speculate all you like.
2. Whether or not K&N is more or less concerned with MAF sensor oil contamination is beside the point and has nothing to do with them cutting back on offering C.A.R.B. legal parts.

It seems that you are more interested in kibitzing rather than staying on Thread point, you have fun with that, as I stated before, I don't have time for nonsense ...;)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
1. How my "personal" car is setup has nothing at all to do with this thread, so, I won't be entertaining your curiosity on that subject, with all due respect you can speculate all you like.
2. Whether or not K&N is more or less concerned with MAF sensor oil contamination is beside the point and has nothing to do with them cutting back on offering C.A.R.B. legal parts.

It seems that you are more interested in kibitzing rather than staying on Thread point, you have fun with that, as I stated before, I don't have time for nonsense ...;)

Point made..............you are off topic. :p

This thread is about the problems you don't want to talk about & because your car is most likely with defeated code & AECDS & again as you openly admit to purporting in aforementioned rant & that sir isn't in the spirit of Motorsports or a valid argument.

You are just shooting your mouth off with no basis to do so, however, you have no time to argue because your point is indeed nonsense, just like the alternator thread you said never happened.

Don't get me wrong I can say things that I believe are funny and they are not funny to others, but I'm just the asshole from Montgomery NY..... so what do I know?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

[h=1]JEGS Automotive to Pay $1.7 Million for Selling illegal Parts in California[/h]

http://www.thedrive.com/news/18633/...llion-for-selling-illegal-parts-in-california

Some facts for your fiction..............

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
So Shandong Linangzi Power Co. Ltd cheated on the precious metals content of its catalytic converters?

Good god, what's next? :eek:

-Uwe-

Magnificent questions huh?

Back