Can't clear key codes - Control module locked?

giantsfan7791

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=220654
I have a 1999.5 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T AEB. Recently purchased and I replaced the central vacuum lock pump. I'm trying to reprogram my key fobs but I've been running into issues, I have full VCDS. So I got to [35 - Cent. Locking], then [Adaptation - 10], enter channel 00, read, and save to clear all the remotes. Works fine. Then I try to enter channel 01 and 21, get an error that they're not available. If I go to [Meas. Blocks - 08] and enter group 003, I see that both keys are still shown in field 2 (0011). No matter what I try this won't clear. Field 4 (don't remember what that is, I think remote key memory button) shows 0000. When I try to change the coding in [Recode - 07] it doesn't work either. I'm starting to think perhaps it's locked and I need to log in with the correct WorkShop Code. The default one in the Options screen is 00000 but that code won't let me log in. The one that was in the coding when I received the car was 06335 which also doesn't allow me to log in. Looking through the paperwork left by the previous two owners, I see that the ignition switch was replaced in 2007, could this be related? I've attached a picture of the work order below. Anyone have any idea how I can reprogram these keys? I can't insert them into the driver's door lock cylinder as it was badly damaged during a break in attempt when the car was with the previous owner. I plan on replacing that next week though. At the moment I can only lock/unlock the car through the trunk cylinder, the remote buttons don't work if I haven't mentioned that. Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/akBIyDv.jpg

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Sometimes the early 35-Cent Locks controllers had buggy firmware. Try re-booting the module by disconnecting the plug-couplers from it or disconnecting the vehicle battery for a while. Obviously if you disconnect the battery, you may need a radio code and you may need to reset the one-touch function of your electric windows.

giantsfan7791

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=220654
I had the battery disconnected for about half an hour while I ran errands and tried again, doesn't seem to help. Which module is this exactly and where is it located? I want to try directly unplugging in.

giantsfan7791

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=220654
You've had it in your hand then. 35 - Cent. Locking is the central locking pump. :)

I see, I was expecting some seperate module underneath one of the seats for some reason. After unplugging it for a few minutes and reinstalling, it still didn't work. I replaced mine with a used pump from ebay, could it be bad? It seems to lock just fine, perhaps the pump itself works but not the electronics?

fr3zno

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194262
Ugh, I wish the OP responded with his solution, if he ever found one. I'm in nearly the same exact situation. I replaced my CLM after the area it sits in got flooded. I can't seem to clear the key memory (saving 00 in adaptations works) and all the key memory slots are full (1111 in Group 003 in Measuring blocks).

Back