Modify the AUTOSCAN.TXT file for fun and profit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Here's an example for those who still aren't sure how the MyAutoscan.txt file fits in. You start with the line your car uses in the regular Autoscan text file, and chop out any address number you know is missing on your car. Future Auto-Scans using your new definition will run much faster since VCDS doesn't have to probe for non-existent modules.

myautoscan-example.png

Adrian E

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=258567
Folks

What am I doing wrong with the myautoscan.txt setup?

I can't seem to get it to show anything other than 1 entry?

myautoscan looks like this:

Tried messing about to see if I can produce anything different but nothing to date has made it work as expected.

I'm trying to remove the phone module from the autoscan for my specific car as there's a known issue that can make it hang on that bluetooth module for up to a minute

JulianHicks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=265735
ECU order for non-CAN cars? ...

As I expect to scan a few different new cars in the near future, I've been looking at the Autoscan text file layouts.

Something not apparently asked about yet is the ECU order for non-CAN Gateway cars.

I notice that several entries, [4D, 8G, 7V, 7M, for example], in the latest 16.8.3 distribution of Autoscan.txt have ECU 25 [Immobilizer] as the first entry.

Is there any significance a) generally in the order or b) why some cars have 25 as their first entry?

Thanks - Julian

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Normally the order is not relevant, in some cases it is. If you're creating entries for such cars you may want to keep the order which we use (and just remove whatever you don't need).

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I do not get a Autoscan.TXT file, I get a MyAutoScan.TXT file. There is no list of vehicles listed.

Not sure what to tell you here. The "Autoscan.txt" file is part of the install of VCDS. What folder are you looking in? The default install will have it here:

C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back