Instrument Cluster & BT problems - Passat B6 (3C) as retrofits consequence

pronet

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157414
Hello mates,
I'm posting here because I experienced some issues when I'm using the vcds on a Passat 3C. The car has a lot of retrofits - Passat B7 central console, including EPB, new clock etc.
I try to change the pyctogram of CC from the cluster in variant/state wagon. When I try to change the codding from the 17_instruments, the bits were not documented - not one of them. I try also using the 15.6.1 and 14 version. No one of this shows me the explanation of the bits. I decide to change the debug level IOT to send the channel map of 17 to Ross-tech support. After this, when I re-enter to 17 all the bits were documented. Strange!!!
Even I mark the specific bit with variant/state wagon, the pyctogram was no change. Also, another strange behavior - I see that the staging is active, but when I try to access it from adaption - staging - I got back error that the channel is not available.
The BT also not working. It appears on IC and also find the phone, but when i try to press OK for pairing, the cursors from the MFSW is not working in BT menu. In all others menu works like a charm.
I'm asking how can I change the pyctogram to variant/state wagon (also the 19-CAN and 37-Navi reports variant/state wagon and it 's shown correct on Navi).
It's possible that the SW from the IC to be programmed to do some specific functions - such staging - and the VCDS can't access the correct channel? Or the SW to be corrupted? Why I couldn't access from the beginning the documented bits from the IC (as I said before I receive a pop up message according that only a limited info is available for this ecu)?
I send you also the scan and the channel map of 17.

All the best to all of you.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6ppuY-r594kSk82dTBQd3JIVVU&usp=sharing

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
You can't change it probably.
3C8 cluster is only for CC and that sedan. Maybe if you can change this in eeprom, but don't know.
For staging, you have it active in adaption:
Code:
indicator_celebration     active

For BT i guess you have too old SWCM, i have also heard the 7P6 doesn't wan't to work with older style MFSW.

pronet

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157414
I know that the staging is active but when I try to access it from adaption - to set it on/off the VCDS reports - channel not available.

Millers Motors

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=167727
Not all white clusters can do staging, and as above you need to replace your 8 button wheel with a 12 button one

pronet

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157414
3C8 cluster has the possibility to change it from CC to variant/wagon by checking the byte according. Even that byte is checked or not the IC shows only for CC. In the past, I change this pyctogram and works. Is possible that the IC software to be corrupted?

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I know that the staging is active but when I try to access it from adaption - to set it on/off the VCDS reports - channel not available.

As i quoted your admap. It's not named staging, but indicator_celebration.

pronet

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157414
He already has new MFSW with 12 and all of them works without a problem. In BT menu when pairing is waiting, no one works.

pronet

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157414
As i quoted your admap. It's not named staging, but indicator_celebration.
Ok. You are right - is not staging is instrument celebration...or pointer test ;). That function even has a different name do the same thing.

pronet

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157414
The annoying thing is that the CAN and NAVI reports correct - wagon car. Only the IC don't walk on the same pattern :(

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
The annoying thing is that the CAN and NAVI reports correct - wagon car. Only the IC don't walk on the same pattern :(

Well that happens when you install Comfort Coupe cluster in wagon car.

pronet

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157414
Correct. I know for the beginning that is a CC cluster but I hope I can change it as before. It seems not :(. Bad luck. I will try to find a wagon one. Thanks for you time.

Back