Status
Not open for further replies.

paulp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=190781
Having difficulty configuring the TPMS (Option 65). Have been reading the details in the Ross-Tech Wiki section and understand how to configure the car for the inflation pressures within the fuel door. 38 PSI Front and 33 PSI Rear.

The code string I am trying to get uploaded is as follows; 0462623. I receive an error after attempting to select Advanced Features, Option 7, type in the code string and click DoIt!.

There are values that were already within the Option 7 tab and I did not change anything except the first field as described above. The fields labeled; Workshop Code, Importer Number and Equipment Code were pre-populated. There was an Equipment Number in the last field, 579529. The range to the left of that field lists as; 0-262143 in order to be valid.

Received a popup that stated;

Re-code Invalid
This Equipment Code is invalid. Equipment Number must be 5-6 digits: 00000-262143. I heeded the warning on that page that states; Incorrect Coding can make a Control Module non-functional.

I do not want to create a problem so after having a pop up error, I stopped and am awaiting advice on if and how I should proceed.

Paul

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Try chaning the Equipment Number to something within the acceptable range. Think of the Equipment Number as being the serial number of the scan tool that last made changes to the module.

-Uwe-

paulp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=190781
Thank you for the assistance

Try changing the Equipment Number to something within the acceptable range. Think of the Equipment Number as being the serial number of the scan tool that last made changes to the module.

-Uwe-

I changed the Equipment number to the last 5 of the serial number for my license and saved it in the configuration file. The only other thing I had to change was the coding from 0462623 to 0062623. I suppose the referring to the country in 0?00000 is the country where the vehicle was manufactured not where the vehicle is located. With that changed, I worked perfectly!

Between my two Audi A6's (1-C6 and 1-C5) this is about the ninth or tenth time that VCDS has saved me a trip to the dealer!!! Saving $$$ as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back