Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: B8 A4 led tail lamp euro coding

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_Alan View Post
    I tried to access channel 197 and 198 last time and the fields had "NA" in them, couldn't make the changes because the fields were not editable. Going to give it another shot and if it works out, I'll finally be happy with the tail light behavior!
    Did you use the correct login code ?? - which can be found here: http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ll=1#post35031
    Rene Larsen

Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic MY2009 - sold
    VCDS 19.6.2
    (HEX-V2)

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rlarsen View Post
    Did you use the correct login code ?? - which can be found here: http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ll=1#post35031
    This worked out perfectly, thanks so much for your help!

It's great that you are sharing these codes with the us, I've had a very hard time trying to track these down. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_Alan View Post
    This worked out perfectly, thanks so much for your help!

It's great that you are sharing these codes with the us, I've had a very hard time trying to track these down. Thanks again.
    No big deal - the coding is quite simple - if you know how
    Rene Larsen

VCDS 19.6.2
    (HEX-V2)

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a MY2012 is not the Facelift in US right ?? - in the rest of the world the MY2012 is the first Facelift year.

But if I'm right then you should be able to use the Coding below - use the RoW one (the left side):

Login code to unit 46 is: 16017

Please check that your current coding is the same as the right side of the table - otherwise I (or we) need to calculate the new coding for you.

What would the coding look like for a 2013 facelift A4 to convert the taillamps to row?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taintted View Post
    What would the coding look like for a 2013 facelift A4 to convert the taillamps to row?
    I don't have the coding from a NA model to compare the Channels from, so I hope that the RoW coding will fit as it does on the pre-Facelift.

If your current codings are not similar to my RoW below, you need to post your current Channel values, and I can modify them to fit your need.

Rene Larsen

VCDS 19.6.2
    (HEX-V2)

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have the coding from a NA model to compare the Channels from, so I hope that the RoW coding will fit as it does on the pre-Facelift.

If your current codings are not similar to my RoW below, you need to post your current Channel values, and I can modify them to fit your need.

I'll be pulling the codes from the car today and comparing. Hopefully they are the same, if not I'll repost the difference.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I pulled the codes. They are posted below. I don't have the 1s and 0s to input for the NA car though

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg

I thought about just changing them to match the RoW. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taintted View Post
    Ok I pulled the codes. They are posted below. I don't have the 1s and 0s to input for the NA car though

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg

I thought about just changing them to match the RoW. Thoughts?
    >> I don't have the 1s and 0s to input for the NA car though
    I converted the binary strings - it is just the Channel value changed into 1's and 0's

One thing I'm missing is the Parking lights on the Outer LEDs - doesn't the facelift NA model have this feature where you can leave your car with the lights on when locked and switch on Park ?? - on the pre-facelift the Parking lights are there.

If I look at the coding, it looks like the Brake and Signal on the NA model are merged together (because of the Side Markers ?? then there are not enough Channels ?? - I don't know) - on the RoW the Brake and Signal are separated.

So I don't think it will be possible to change the NA tails to work as the RoW tails.

Channel 197/198 and CH 207/208 are the one in question - and you can also see that the mapping of the Channels are different too.

Rene Larsen

VCDS 19.6.2
    (HEX-V2)

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I converted the binary strings - it is just the Channel value changed into 1's and 0's

One thing I'm missing is the Parking lights on the Outer LEDs - doesn't the facelift NA model have this feature where you can leave your car with the lights on when locked and switch on Park ?? - on the pre-facelift the Parking lights are there.

If I look at the coding, it looks like the Brake and Signal on the NA model are merged together (because of the Side Markers ?? then there are not enough Channels ?? - I don't know) - on the RoW the Brake and Signal are separated.

So I don't think it will be possible to change the NA tails to work as the RoW tails.

Channel 197/198 and CH 207/208 are the one in question - and you can also see that the mapping of the Channels are different too.

My side markers come on with the regular taillights. They dont interact with the brake or signal lights. Its like that on all NA cars. I can test them tomorrow with the original settings you provided and see what happens. Worst case scenario i have to return all the channels to what they were before.
    Last edited by Taintted; 01-13-2016 at 11:01 PM.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying to copy the coding did not work. It ended up flipping the outer blinker with the outer taillight, the inner taillights stopped working and the inner blinker did not come on. I don't know what the brake did because i was doing this alone but yea if i can figure out how they code these taillights based on the numbers they use for each channel i might be able to figure this out. Based on my observations I'd say this coding is what I would use if i had pre-facelift taillights.