VCDS Serial number
C?ID=220175

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
This worked out perfectly, thanks so much for your help!

It's great that you are sharing these codes with the us, I've had a very hard time trying to track these down. Thanks again.
No big deal - the coding is quite simple - if you know how :)

Taintted

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164743
I think a MY2012 is not the Facelift in US right ?? - in the rest of the world the MY2012 is the first Facelift year.

But if I'm right then you should be able to use the Coding below - use the RoW one (the left side):

Login code to unit 46 is: 16017

Please check that your current coding is the same as the right side of the table - otherwise I (or we) need to calculate the new coding for you.

34f1aa9.png

What would the coding look like for a 2013 facelift A4 to convert the taillamps to row?

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
What would the coding look like for a 2013 facelift A4 to convert the taillamps to row?
I don't have the coding from a NA model to compare the Channels from, so I hope that the RoW coding will fit as it does on the pre-Facelift.

If your current codings are not similar to my RoW below, you need to post your current Channel values, and I can modify them to fit your need.

2q3ruw6.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Taintted

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164743
I don't have the coding from a NA model to compare the Channels from, so I hope that the RoW coding will fit as it does on the pre-Facelift.

If your current codings are not similar to my RoW below, you need to post your current Channel values, and I can modify them to fit your need.

2q3ruw6.jpg

I'll be pulling the codes from the car today and comparing. Hopefully they are the same, if not I'll repost the difference.

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Ok I pulled the codes. They are posted below. I don't have the 1s and 0s to input for the NA car though

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AIgT7p8KvcLDRP0&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

I thought about just changing them to match the RoW. Thoughts?

>> I don't have the 1s and 0s to input for the NA car though
I converted the binary strings - it is just the Channel value changed into 1's and 0's

One thing I'm missing is the Parking lights on the Outer LEDs - doesn't the facelift NA model have this feature where you can leave your car with the lights on when locked and switch on Park ?? - on the pre-facelift the Parking lights are there.

If I look at the coding, it looks like the Brake and Signal on the NA model are merged together (because of the Side Markers ?? then there are not enough Channels ?? - I don't know) - on the RoW the Brake and Signal are separated.

So I don't think it will be possible to change the NA tails to work as the RoW tails.

Channel 197/198 and CH 207/208 are the one in question - and you can also see that the mapping of the Channels are different too.

2lc18pc.jpg

Taintted

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164743
I converted the binary strings - it is just the Channel value changed into 1's and 0's

One thing I'm missing is the Parking lights on the Outer LEDs - doesn't the facelift NA model have this feature where you can leave your car with the lights on when locked and switch on Park ?? - on the pre-facelift the Parking lights are there.

If I look at the coding, it looks like the Brake and Signal on the NA model are merged together (because of the Side Markers ?? then there are not enough Channels ?? - I don't know) - on the RoW the Brake and Signal are separated.

So I don't think it will be possible to change the NA tails to work as the RoW tails.

Channel 197/198 and CH 207/208 are the one in question - and you can also see that the mapping of the Channels are different too.

2lc18pc.jpg

My side markers come on with the regular taillights. They dont interact with the brake or signal lights. Its like that on all NA cars. I can test them tomorrow with the original settings you provided and see what happens. Worst case scenario i have to return all the channels to what they were before.

Last edited:

Taintted

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164743

2lc18pc.jpg

Trying to copy the coding did not work. It ended up flipping the outer blinker with the outer taillight, the inner taillights stopped working and the inner blinker did not come on. I don't know what the brake did because i was doing this alone but yea if i can figure out how they code these taillights based on the numbers they use for each channel i might be able to figure this out. Based on my observations I'd say this coding is what I would use if i had pre-facelift taillights.

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Trying to copy the coding did not work. It ended up flipping the outer blinker with the outer taillight, the inner taillights stopped working and the inner blinker did not come on. I don't know what the brake did because i was doing this alone but yea if i can figure out how they code these taillights based on the numbers they use for each channel i might be able to figure this out. Based on my observations I'd say this coding is what I would use if i had pre-facelift taillights.
Did you see the upper part of the tail where the signal and brake light today is been separated into a upper part (signal) and a lower part (brake) ??

This is the way it is working on the RoW model - but according to the coding you posted, is doesn't look to be possible on the NA.

Taintted

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164743
Did you see the upper part of the tail where the signal and brake light today is been separated into a upper part (signal) and a lower part (brake) ??

This is the way it is working on the RoW model - but according to the coding you posted, is doesn't look to be possible on the NA.

I actually did some more research and stumbled upon a page on the AudiWorld forums were one of the guys there decoded the Audi A6 taillight coding. http://www.audiworld.com/tech-artic...cles-electronics/audi-a6-tail-lights-decoded/ They mentioned it would work on the A5 as well so I figured why would it not work on the A4. I reviewed the coding that he posted and the coding itself was extremely similar to mine, obviously the channels didn't line up but the coding breakdown did. I took what he had posted and compared it to my own on its corresponding channel and came up with this. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...973&authkey=!AAu4HCOkKKaEEHY&ithint=file,xlsx I have yet to test it to confirm the items i inputted on the spreadsheet are 100% accurate but I'm hopeful it will work. On mine I'm really curious to know what Channels 199 and 200 are for in Europe because per the A6 page the code 0 and 32 indicate the channels are inactive.

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
I actually did some more research and stumbled upon a page on the AudiWorld forums were one of the guys there decoded the Audi A6 taillight coding. http://www.audiworld.com/tech-artic...cles-electronics/audi-a6-tail-lights-decoded/ They mentioned it would work on the A5 as well so I figured why would it not work on the A4. I reviewed the coding that he posted and the coding itself was extremely similar to mine, obviously the channels didn't line up but the coding breakdown did. I took what he had posted and compared it to my own on its corresponding channel and came up with this. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...973&authkey=!AAu4HCOkKKaEEHY&ithint=file,xlsx I have yet to test it to confirm the items i inputted on the spreadsheet are 100% accurate but I'm hopeful it will work. On mine I'm really curious to know what Channels 199 and 200 are for in Europe because per the A6 page the code 0 and 32 indicate the channels are inactive.
Channel 199 and 200 on RoW are Signal Inner - which I also posted ;)

DirtD1ver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=186223
Hi, I am new to the Ross-Tech forum, but very familiar with Vag-com. I have been trying to get the euro coding done on my Allroad for some time, but some of my values are not in the same place as what is posted in this thread. I think I labeled everything correctly, could someone take a look and give me a hand.

5c3UboH.png

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Hi, I am new to the Ross-Tech forum, but very familiar with Vag-com. I have been trying to get the euro coding done on my Allroad for some time, but some of my values are not in the same place as what is posted in this thread. I think I labeled everything correctly, could someone take a look and give me a hand.

5c3UboH.png
This NA coding is more like the RoW - but not the same as the coding from 'Taintted' :confused:

I'll have a look at it tonight, when I back home.

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
This NA coding is more like the RoW - but not the same as the coding from 'Taintted' :confused:

I'll have a look at it tonight, when I back home.

I think it will work just to use the RoW coding on the NA A4 FL Avant/Allroad :)

9ao9kp.jpg

The mapping of the last 5 bit (bit 0 to 4) is (the bits with the blue color in the tables above):

2crttnb.png

DirtD1ver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=186223
Thanks,I just did it and it works. Thanks man.

Last edited:

Taintted

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164743
Channel 199 and 200 on RoW are Signal Inner - which I also posted ;)

I tried to set that and lights for inner portion didn't even turn on. On mine the taillight started blinking like it was the blinker instead of just a taillight. I haven't had a chance to test the coding I posted. I'm hoping to get it tested this week. I'm wondering if they flipped the channels for the NA and Euro versions of the car.

Last edited:

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
I tried to set that and lights for inner portion didn't even turn on. On mine the taillight started blinking like it was the blinker instead of just a taillight. I haven't had a chance to test the coding I posted. I'm hoping to get it tested this week. I'm wondering if they flipped the channels for the NA and Euro versions of the car.

Yeah, it looks to me that it isn't possible to change on the Facelift A4 Sedan NA model - it looks to me that it is only on the Avant that it is possible (see post #36 above).

Taintted

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=164743
Yeah, it looks to me that it isn't possible to change on the Facelift A4 Sedan NA model - it looks to me that it is only on the Avant that it is possible (see post #36 above).

So after testing the coding I fear you may be correct in that they combined the lines for the brake and signal and used the line that would be normally used for the outer signal and used it for the damn side marker. so unless i can move some wiring around this may not be possible. I wonder were I can get the wiring diagrams to compare the euro taillights to the na taillights because then maybe i can see if it would be easy to rewire the taillights, though I have a feeling a new wire would need to be ran to the bcm to make these behave like the euro ones.

Back