Secret identities of Ross-Tech employees?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Inspired by a customer email, here's some great misheard/mis-interpreted names we've been assigned. First of all, here is the list of our real names:

http://www.ross-tech.com/about.html

Dana seems to get a lot of:
Donna (this is her tongue in cheek not so pleasant alter ego since she's very nice in real life)
Dayan/Diana: The recent quote: "* P.S. the lady I spoke with said her name is Dayan(so maybe Diana(like English princess that had an affair with arab guy(prince Harry does not look like Charles at all,and does not behave as one either )"

Santos has been called:
Sanchez ... more than once
Sancho

Uwe has been called several different names, each of which he despises ... top being name for female sheep.
Oy-Vey - my personal favorite

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
The most common wrong name I get for me is Chuck.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
My name, is not Steve or Pete or Pedro.....

It is simply Peter, you know like Saint Peter, also known as Simon Peter, Simeon, or Simōn son of Jonah

I am definitely not Ghost Buster Peter Venkman, Ph.D who trying to hook up with Zuul, the possessed Dana,
how ever people do call me Doc, Doctor Peter or drpeter...

My Secret identity is █████████████████.

If you call, I may tell you a ██████████ story.

drpeter

ozeki

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=250375
I've seen some funny stuff reading Chinese documentation on telephone equipment in my work, misinterpretation of names is probably even easier mistake to make with (at times at least) impossible Icelandic names. But one of the best ones I've seen was in reply to an email that started with the words: 'Dear Mr. Regards ... '

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Another one, a guy called Dana "Nadine". I picture:

11373712_832340803487393_1825437910_n.jpg

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Today I happened to think of an old goof-up with a client, probably ten years ago now...

So I'm in a meeting with the customer service managers of a Maryland area regional bank, discussing some upgrades and tweaks to their incoming call center. Long time client, great people. In walks their Director of IT to join our meeting. I've met him before, but our paths hadn't crossed that often, and I was scraping my memory banks desperately to come up with the gentleman's name. He was on the short side, thin, late 50s/early 60s, sparse curly white hair. I knew it was four letters... and I knew it started with "Y". It was on the tip of my tongue just dying to come out, for a minute or two of conversation.

Then it finally comes to me, and I triumphantly address him by name: "Yoda".

There's a moment's pause in the meeting, during which his actual name "Yale" also comes to me. Then the whole room bursts out in laughter, including Yale. Everyone but me, I'm sitting there mortified. But, as I said, they're great people. They thought it was hysterical. It was a few days before I lived that one down.

Jason

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Today I happened to think of an old goof-up with a client, probably ten years ago now...

So I'm in a meeting with the customer service managers of a Maryland area regional bank, discussing some upgrades and tweaks to their incoming call center. Long time client, great people. In walks their Director of IT to join our meeting. I've met him before, but our paths hadn't crossed that often, and I was scraping my memory banks desperately to come up with the gentleman's name. He was really short, practically bald, and green. I knew it was four letters... and I knew it started with "Y". It was on the tip of my tongue just dying to come out, for a minute or two of conversation.

Then it finally comes to me, and I triumphantly address him by name: "Yoda".

There's a moment's pause in the meeting, during which his actual name "Yale" also comes to me. Then the whole room bursts out in laughter, including Yale. Everyone but me, I'm sitting there mortified. But, as I said, they're great people. They thought it was hysterical. It was a few days before I lived that one down.

Jason

Fixed that for you!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
A customer left a voicemail for Peter and called him "Jerry". They both have E's and R's I guess?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Olga got called "Oliga". :D

Reactions: Uwe

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee