Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impeachment - now it begins.............

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Impeachment - now it begins.............

^^^ Thought that I would provide space for an interesting development up there in USA given that I just heard on the news the official statement about impeachment plans.

Seems that Nancy has changed her mind in previous stances regarding the action -to do with the Ukraine scandal and the whistle-blower's revelation. ("Presidential Harassment" - apparently)

As I understand - for conviction, it still needs 19 x Republicans in the Senate to support the action after it passes the House of Representatives - how likely is it for even 1 Republican to switch? So Nancy's actions appear to be counter productive if it doesn't work because Trump can claim vindication again - like he did after the Mueller investigation.

Doesn't matter.... let the games commence!!! It's much better than another season of West Wing (I suspect that Aaron Sorkin is watching events with renewed interest)!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 09-24-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

2. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/trum...aine-call.html

Trump authorizes release of transcript of controversial Ukraine call that mentioned Joe Biden
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ I'm confused (again) - I had understood that the Director of National Intelligence isn't required to get Trumps support to give Congress the whistleblower complaint :By law it is required to do so within seven days of the report being created.

Isn't this the whole point of wistle-blower legislation: that it's entirely removed from the political machine - if release of a whistle-blower's revelations is subject to the White house's approval - what's the point of making the complaint?

Doesn't the fact that Trump now has made a public statement about his approval torelease the documentation run counter to the DNI's obligations? And doesn't it paint the Trump administration in somewhat of a murky position?

Don

PS:the plot thickens - man this is good!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's a political dumpster fire & to sell advertising on all news networks and a grand plan to put Liz Warren in pole position?

People may indeed get what they don't expect in the inverse again, huh?

Fulfill the profit point and make your wish!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ arrhhh...... you rank Ms Warren over the former Vic President? Courageous early call - even more courageous big call!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you see a statement?

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/u...explained.html

How an Impeachment Process Inquiry Works

12. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Do you see a statement?

No- I don't! My bad- got confused by the thick American accent!!

....and thanks for posting the impeachment primer for an ill informed Antipodean amateur! Sounds like a fairly straight-forward process NOT!

Don

14. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...l-poll-1510726

Warren passes Biden in new nationwide poll

Foreshadows like a cheap novel huh?

Don,

Joseph Newman's big Eureka story, is more fun to watch along with patents which were published for failure or which actually were granted.