Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Secret identities of Ross-Tech employees?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ I agree - but from a very long distance away here in the Antipodes and because these legendary folk are just words on a page - I have this mental image of RT staff being somewhat like the comic book superheros (I'm told that the PC term nowadays is "graphic novels") that were the stuff of my youth -now many years ago.

I can't confirm for certain, but I strongly suspect that each office @ R's HQ has its own phone-box. Employers come to work each day dressed in their "civies" - but once in their offices, they enter the phone box and don their super hero costumes -complete with underpants on the outside (my apology for leaving readers with that particular mental image).

Once garbed in the appropriate superhero cloths they fearlessly continue the never-ending fight for goodness and niceness - and against badness and evil!!

hmm....... perhaps it's time for more lithium?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meanwhile at the Hall of RT! /\

Amp up Don, not down!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes DV52, Santos liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Jack: to butcher a popular cultural idiom from a guitarist that I happen to consider to be a semi-god (Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap ) - the "Amp" is already turned-up all the way to 11

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but this one goes to eleven!

https://youtu.be/KOO5S4vxi0o
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A two-fer.

Peter got called Felix and Dana got called Diane.

8. Likes jyoung8607, DrPeter, Uwe, NZDubNurd, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another two-fer.

Peter got called Philip and Dana got called Data.

10. Likes DrPeter, jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    ...and Dana got called Data.
    Very apt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    Very apt.
    No. I can assure you that she looks nothing like this:

-Uwe-
    Last edited by Uwe; 09-30-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I didn't mean it like that at all. I meant for all of the info she passes on so freely.

14. Likes Dana, Uwe, PetrolDave, Mike@Gendan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This reminds me of an article I saw last month.
    According to Brent Spiner (aka Data), Star Trek TNG, and in particular Patrick Stewart and Gene Roddenberry, may be responsible for a widespread change in the way Americans pronounce the word "data".

https://gizmodo.com/patrick-stewart-...say-1837242931
    Before the pilot for Star Trek: TNG was even filmed, the show’s cast, as well as Gene Rodenberry, Rick Berman, and other crew members all gathered at the Sheraton Hotel in Hollywood to do a table read of the script for the episode Encounter at Farpoint. When Patrick Stewart’s character Jean-Luc Picard first addresses Brent Spiner’s Data, his pronunciation of the word differed to Spiner’s. To settle the dādə versus dadə debate, Gene Rodenberry created a new rule for the show, on the spot, that whoever says a name first decides how it’s pronounced from then on. So after seven seasons and 178 episodes of Star Trek: TNG, Stewart’s pronunciation of data, a product of growing up in Yorkshire, England, has slowly but surely replaced the way Spiner and millions of other Americans were first taught to pronounce the word.
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here.....

16. Likes Uwe liked this post