Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AFS retrofit problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxson24 View Post
    It is the same gateway that came originally with the car
    I cannot confirm this, but I suspect that if all of your wiring is 100% correct, than your gateway may not support the new headlamps.
    I retrofit not because I settled for a car that didn't have everything. I retrofit for the challenge!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The can gateway, should support it because i can choose the headlight range, no? I thought we didn't need to change the can gateway to do the retrofit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrclopec View Post
    I cannot confirm this...
    When your car was produced, there were half a dozen different CAN gateways offered. They all supported different features. If I go into the parts system now, it shows only 1. Which means that it is a highline gateway that supports all features. Granted, it would still need to be coded correctly and I cannot confirm this is even what needs to be done to remedy the proglem. I do not have a spare Golf to hook up to and poke around to give you further information. You are at one of three possible situations:

1. Your wiring is not correct. (Only you can verify this)
    2. Your gateway is not coded correctly. (Only Ross-Tech or someone else with the information can help you with this)
    3. Your gateway doesn't support the new Xenons. (I cannot confirm this either).
    I retrofit not because I settled for a car that didn't have everything. I retrofit for the challenge!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh thanks man, i understand what your saying! I think i have wired it up correctly, because a) the headlights do move about when there are no fault codes, and b) the other day i checked for any loose connections. Would i have to call ross-tech up to get help with the coding? Because i believe it must be a coding problem? Is there any other coding i could try for a rhd? I have noticed that the basic settings do not stay on, after restarting the car?

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try changing coding of [55] to:

Your gateway coding includes [2E] and [56], where there is no communication, remove it from [19-Gateway] coding, or fix them.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would that be for rhd?

Well i can remove 2E, but i have a aftermarket pioneer for my radio, and i use canbus for the reversing camera to work, so i have to leave 56 on. But would these two cause a problem with the headlights?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the code 1443164, but i have had no luck with it. There is no faultcode for the headlights in the canbus module, only the three faultcodes under the headlights range module.

Post Thanks / Like
    Private message sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I finally had some time to check.

Confirm that headlight connector pins t14/4 has power with ignition and t14/7 is GND
    And AFS module T26/23 has power with ignition and t26/24 is GND
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...