AFS retrofit problem

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
It is the same gateway that came originally with the car

I cannot confirm this, but I suspect that if all of your wiring is 100% correct, than your gateway may not support the new headlamps.

Deluxson24

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242930
The can gateway, should support it because i can choose the headlight range, no? I thought we didn't need to change the can gateway to do the retrofit?

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
I cannot confirm this...

When your car was produced, there were half a dozen different CAN gateways offered. They all supported different features. If I go into the parts system now, it shows only 1. Which means that it is a highline gateway that supports all features. Granted, it would still need to be coded correctly and I cannot confirm this is even what needs to be done to remedy the proglem. I do not have a spare Golf to hook up to and poke around to give you further information. You are at one of three possible situations:

1. Your wiring is not correct. (Only you can verify this)
2. Your gateway is not coded correctly. (Only Ross-Tech or someone else with the information can help you with this)
3. Your gateway doesn't support the new Xenons. (I cannot confirm this either).

Deluxson24

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242930
Ahhh thanks man, i understand what your saying! I think i have wired it up correctly, because a) the headlights do move about when there are no fault codes, and b) the other day i checked for any loose connections. Would i have to call ross-tech up to get help with the coding? Because i believe it must be a coding problem? Is there any other coding i could try for a rhd? I have noticed that the basic settings do not stay on, after restarting the car?

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Try changing coding of [55] to:

Your gateway coding includes [2E] and [56], where there is no communication, remove it from [19-Gateway] coding, or fix them.

Deluxson24

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242930
Would that be for rhd?

Well i can remove 2E, but i have a aftermarket pioneer for my radio, and i use canbus for the reversing camera to work, so i have to leave 56 on. But would these two cause a problem with the headlights?

Deluxson24

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=242930
I tried the code 1443164, but i have had no luck with it. There is no faultcode for the headlights in the canbus module, only the three faultcodes under the headlights range module.

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
Private message sent.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Hi

I finally had some time to check.

Confirm that headlight connector pins t14/4 has power with ignition and t14/7 is GND
And AFS module T26/23 has power with ignition and t26/24 is GND

Back