Thread: Which/What I need to buy? 2006 VW Passat 2.0T

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Which/What I need to buy? 2006 VW Passat 2.0T

Hello all,

Newbie here. I have a 2006 VW Passat 2.0T for which I would like to purchase a VCDS for.
    I am not sure which one I need and what exact components I need.

From the videos I have watched, I need two things:
    1) Interface Cable
    2) VCDS

Is that correct?
    If so, which one should I be purchasing?

Any advise helpful.

Thanks,
    Low

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome,

Not sure which cable would suit you, I'm sure one of the others will help you with this.

I think if you enter your VIN number at the bottom of this page it will advise you on what your best choice would be.

VCDS though you can download from the Ross-Tech website in the download section free of charge.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nyzwerewolf View Post
    I have a 2006 VW Passat 2.0T .....
    I am not sure which one I need .....
    2006 Passat, the following interface systems are compatible:

Let me explain the differences:

HEX-USB+CAN and Micro-CAN are wired systems for the Windows PC running our VCDS software. They are unlimited in the number of vehicles on which they can be used. The MicroCAN is compatible with a sub set of all VAG vehicles while the HEX-USB+CAN covers all VAG from '95 through 2016.

The HEX-NET is our newest offering and operates both wired and wireless. By USB and by wireless connection, the HEX-NET is licensed and operates our VCDS software on a Windows PC. It also is licensed for our brand new VCDS-Mobile which runs by WiFi on any compute platform that has WiFi and a web browser.

You will note there are two "flavors" of HEX-NET: Unlimited and 10 VIN. The Unlimited is like our wired products in that there is no limit to the number of vehicles on which it can be used. The 10 VIN limit means only 10 different vehicles can perform high level functions with that device. Once the 10 VIN limit is reached, no additional vehicles can be added for high level functions. Low level functions like reading DTCs and live measuring values can still be done on other vehicles.

4. Likes Uwe liked this post