Thread: Vw mk5 mk6 abs module

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Vw mk5 mk6 abs module

I bought a micro an cable and will be here in couple days but have a concern regarding coding. I have 2009 vw Gti fitted with mk60ec1 ad module and needs to be replaced. Dealer quoted $3100 and its ridiculous. I bought a used module plus pump off a 2013 Jetta 1k0907379bl, they look 100% the same. Will it work on my car and will the coding work?? I saw on the uk forum where someone even bought a new abs module mk60ec1 and fitted to his r32 mk60 with proper coding from a forum member...please tell me it will work...
    Last edited by fguan992; 06-24-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

please tell me it will work
    If I did tell you it will work.. I would be lying...

The part number you have [1K0-907-379-BL] has been dropped and superseded by [1K0-907-375-BL].

- In either case that part does NOT fit the 2009 VW Golf/GTI, it is supposed to fit 2010-2014 Golf, 2011-2014 Jetta, Passat, Scirocco....etc.

- You will need to contact your dealer's parts department with the VIN number of the vehicle to determine the correct part number.

- The coding you need will be the same coding your vehicle came with, it is not necessarily the coding that is stored in the replacement unit if it is used.

Posting a complete Auto-Scan of the vehicle with the correct ABS controller will be necessary if you would like us to attempt to help with any ABS coding.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

You need to register your cable VCDS Dongle Registration.

When you have a problem/query you always post a full AutoScan of the vehicle in question in between CODE tags. [CODE] Full AutoScan [/CODE]

How to post an Auto-Scan
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasnt the 375/379 part number related to pump/module etc.... thing. Basically that 379 works bla bla....

I can't remember right now so i will not post any more misleading info. But yes....autoscan.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
    Hello,

If I did tell you it will work.. I would be lying...

The part number you have [1K0-907-379-BL] has been dropped and superseded by [1K0-907-375-BL].

- In either case that part does NOT fit the 2009 VW Golf/GTI, it is supposed to fit 2010-2014 Golf, 2011-2014 Jetta, Passat, Scirocco....etc.

- You will need to contact your dealer's parts department with the VIN number of the vehicle to determine the correct part number.

- The coding you need will be the same coding your vehicle came with, it is not necessarily the coding that is stored in the replacement unit if it is used.

Posting a complete Auto-Scan of the vehicle with the correct ABS controller will be necessary if you would like us to attempt to help with any ABS coding.

Hope this helps,

drpeter
    So we are not able to fit any other abs modules to this car and the part number has to be exact? Is there any coding tricks we can do as I can confirm it physically fits.. I'm surprised to find someone has retrofitted a mk6 module into his r32 mk5 and worked with proper coding...any advice would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

So we are not able to fit any other abs modules to this car and the part number has to be exact? Is there any coding tricks we can do as I can confirm it physically fits.. I'm surprised to find someone has retrofitted a mk6 module into his r32 mk5 and worked with proper coding...any advice would be appreciated

- If it was me, I would make sure the part I used was 100% compatible and correct for the vehicle. I want to know that when needed I can stop the vehicle in an emergency!

... And the only way to be absolutely, 100% sure you have the correct part, is to replace the part with the exact same part or superseded part from the manufacture.

- There is an added benefit with using 'correct' parts and that it is peace of mind, knowing that these parts was designed for your safety and others when used as intended.

Be smart and be safe,

drpeter

9. Likes Uwe liked this post