Vw mk5 mk6 abs module

Status
Not open for further replies.

fguan992

Reaction score
I bought a micro an cable and will be here in couple days but have a concern regarding coding. I have 2009 vw Gti fitted with mk60ec1 ad module and needs to be replaced. Dealer quoted $3100 and its ridiculous. I bought a used module plus pump off a 2013 Jetta 1k0907379bl, they look 100% the same. Will it work on my car and will the coding work?? I saw on the uk forum where someone even bought a new abs module mk60ec1 and fitted to his r32 mk60 with proper coding from a forum member...please tell me it will work...

Last edited:

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

please tell me it will work

If I did tell you it will work.. I would be lying... :(

The part number you have [1K0-907-379-BL] has been dropped and superseded by [1K0-907-375-BL].

- In either case that part does NOT fit the 2009 VW Golf/GTI, it is supposed to fit 2010-2014 Golf, 2011-2014 Jetta, Passat, Scirocco....etc.

- You will need to contact your dealer's parts department with the VIN number of the vehicle to determine the correct part number.

- The coding you need will be the same coding your vehicle came with, it is not necessarily the coding that is stored in the replacement unit if it is used.

Posting a complete Auto-Scan of the vehicle with the correct ABS controller will be necessary if you would like us to attempt to help with any ABS coding.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Wasnt the 375/379 part number related to pump/module etc.... thing. Basically that 379 works bla bla.... :)

I can't remember right now so i will not post any more misleading info. But yes....autoscan.

fguan992

Reaction score
Hello,

If I did tell you it will work.. I would be lying... :(

The part number you have [1K0-907-379-BL] has been dropped and superseded by [1K0-907-375-BL].

- In either case that part does NOT fit the 2009 VW Golf/GTI, it is supposed to fit 2010-2014 Golf, 2011-2014 Jetta, Passat, Scirocco....etc.

- You will need to contact your dealer's parts department with the VIN number of the vehicle to determine the correct part number.

- The coding you need will be the same coding your vehicle came with, it is not necessarily the coding that is stored in the replacement unit if it is used.

Posting a complete Auto-Scan of the vehicle with the correct ABS controller will be necessary if you would like us to attempt to help with any ABS coding.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

So we are not able to fit any other abs modules to this car and the part number has to be exact? Is there any coding tricks we can do as I can confirm it physically fits.. I'm surprised to find someone has retrofitted a mk6 module into his r32 mk5 and worked with proper coding...any advice would be appreciated

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

So we are not able to fit any other abs modules to this car and the part number has to be exact? Is there any coding tricks we can do as I can confirm it physically fits.. I'm surprised to find someone has retrofitted a mk6 module into his r32 mk5 and worked with proper coding...any advice would be appreciated

- If it was me, I would make sure the part I used was 100% compatible and correct for the vehicle. I want to know that when needed I can stop the vehicle in an emergency!

... And the only way to be absolutely, 100% sure you have the correct part, is to replace the part with the exact same part or superseded part from the manufacture.

- There is an added benefit with using 'correct' parts and that it is peace of mind, knowing that these parts was designed for your safety and others when used as intended.

Be smart and be safe,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back