Status
Not open for further replies.

VR6-Power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245002
I'm using my Hex-Net with my iPhone via WiFi with default settings (ap mode). Works as expected. I'm using a Windows-8.1-Netbook too, but this one works only with a USB cable. When trying to connect through WiFi, it doesn't find the Hex-Net. Windows is clearly connected to Hex-Nets WiFi. Hex-Net is responding to a ping request. I even enter Hex-Nets IP in VCDS settings, but it still says, that it doesn't find the Hex-Net.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance
Jürgen

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I'm using my Hex-Net with my iPhone via WiFi with default settings (ap mode). Works as expected. I'm using a Windows-8.1-Netbook too, but this one works only with a USB cable. When trying to connect through WiFi, it doesn't find the Hex-Net. Windows is clearly connected to Hex-Nets WiFi. Hex-Net is responding to a ping request. I even enter Hex-Nets IP in VCDS settings, but it still says, that it doesn't find the Hex-Net.
Hello Jürgen,

Sometimes the built-in Windows 8.1 firewall can cause problems for HEX-NET. It can happen on Windows 7 as well, but not nearly so often. Please try the following steps:

1) Open an elevated command prompt. Here are some instructions: Elevated Command Prompt on Windows 8. Option one is the easiest.

2) Enter the following four commands, exactly as shown:
Code:
netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="VCDS" program="C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\VCDS.exe"
netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="VCDS" program="C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-Beta\VCDS.exe"
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="VCDS" dir=in action=allow program="C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\VCDS.exe" enable=yes profile=any
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="VCDS" dir=in action=allow program="C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-Beta\VCDS.exe" enable=yes profile=any
3) Close the command prompt -- just type "exit".

4) Try running VCDS again, and see what happens.

Please let us know your results. If it doesn't work, we'll need to know exactly what information you see when you press Test in the Options menu.

Jason

Reactions: Uwe

VR6-Power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245002
Hello Jason

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I will test that tomorrow, when I'm near the car and will post the result.

Best Regards, Jürgen

VR6-Power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245002
Hello Jason

Issue solved. Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, it wasn't your command that helped, but when I wanted to disable the Firewall, I found out that there is a third party firewall running on the Computer which I then deinstalled. Now, with your command AND Windows Firewall on, it works :-)

Jürgen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back