DIY - Audi Q5 Active Lane Assist Retrofit - DONE

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
This is a DIY guide aimed at assisting anyone who is interested in retrofitting Active Lane Assist to a facelift (2013-2016) Q5/SQ5. This guide will be prohibitive to most as it does require changing the windshield. Additionally any retrofits you perform by following this guide you do so at your own risk. I assume no liability.

Coding the vehicle uses VCDS and a licensed VAG-COM cable from Ross-Tech. After all parts are finished being installed, the system must be calibrated by VAS-PC or ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic Information System). This is the actual system that the dealer uses. You can either take your vehicle to the dealer to have it calibrated, which consists of around 3-4 hours in labor (quoted by my SA), or you can make your own calibration board and do it yourself. Please note, I am unable to provide any assistance in in creating the calibration board. This means providing files, specs etc. The calibration board and design are considered copywritten material and I am therefore unable to distribute it, so please do not ask.

Active Lane Assist utilizes a gray scale camera in the upper center part of the windshield to analyze lane makings on the road and assist the vehicle to remain within them. If the vehicle starts to drift toward a lane marking, gentile steering corrections (no more than 3Nm of force) are given to assist the vehicle to stay within the lane. If the vehicle crosses over a lane-marking boundary, a steering wheel vibration is given to warn the driver.

The system can be set in the MMI for “early” or “late” intervention. Within either setting, there is a buffer that the system sets between lane markings at which the system will not intervene. Choosing “early” just decreases the size of this buffer, but will not decrease it so much that it will keep the vehicle perfectly centered. WARNING - This system is considered a driving aide and is not advanced enough to simulate autonomous driving. If given the opportunity, the vehicle will inevitably bounce back and forth within the lane, or disable itself until your hands are placed back on the steering wheel which seems like a pretty smart driving habit to have.

From MY09-MY12 the system was just referred to as Audi Lane Assist. This previous system was not “active” and would not provide steering recommendations or interventions. It would only vibrate the steering wheel (by means of a vibration motor in the steering wheel itself) when the vehicle drifted out of its lane.

Active Lane Assist requires electromechanical power steering for the steering adjustments and steering wheel vibration. This could either be the regular electromechanical power steering or the optional Dynamic Steering. Unlike the previous generation that used a vibration motor in the steering wheel, this newer generation uses a harmonic whatchamacallit (I don’t know what its called) in the steering system to generate the vibration warning.

I only use genuine OE parts, and using heat shrink butt connectors makes all of the wire connections weather and corrosion resistant.

Parts List:

Windshield – 8R0 845 099 T NVB

Rain/Light sensor gel pad – 8U0 955 609

Cover for Camera – 4L0 907 299 AB

Transition cover from mirror to top cover – 4L0 907 299 AC

Gray scale Camera – 8T0 907 217 A
Note: 8K0 907 217 is for pre facelift and does not work on facelift models

Connector for Camera – 1J0 972 930 A

Connector for windscreen heater – 4B0 971 832

Repair wire – 000 979 009 E (4 of them for a total of 8 leads)

Steering Column Switch Assembly – 4G8 953 502 AL

Repair wire – 000 979 021 E

10A Fuse – N 017 131 11

Wiring harness fabric loom tape

Section 1 – Changing of the Steering wheel levers.

Step 1 – Park vehicle on a flat surface and center your wheels and steering wheel.
Step 2 – Turn the car on only to the point of accessory power.
Step 3 – Disconnect the battery ground terminal while the vehicle is on in order to ensure a full power discharge from the airbag system.
Step 4 – Remove the Airbag from the steering wheel.
Step 5 – Remove the center bolt using a 12mm 12-point star (not torx) bit and remove the steering wheel. (Make sure you take note of the exact position of the steering wheel on the teeth of the steering column.
Step 6 – Remove the upper steering column cover.
Step 7 – Remove the lower steering column cover.
Step 8 – Disconnect the electrical connectors from the back of the switches and loosen the bolt, which holds the steering switches to the column itself.
Step 9 – Remove the steering column multi-switch assembly.

Your new steering column switches, if purchased from the dealer, will not come with the steering column clock spring control module (8K0 953 568 M). If you purchased a set of switches that came with one, I recommend you switch it out for your existing one so you can avoid having to re perform steering and calibration, end stops learning, or dynamic steering basic settings. If the clock spring control module in your vehicle already does not support the coding of lane assist (error 31 - rejected), then the steering angle calibration procedures will be unavoidable.

Reinstall the new steering column multi-switch with the Active Lane Assist button on the end of the turn signal lever. Installation is reverse of removal. The steering wheel bolt must be tightened to 30Nm + 90 degrees.

IMG_4122_zpsm8vk2rwp.jpg

Section 2 – Change the windshield

Step 1 – Call someone else to do it.
Step 2 – Its Done!

IMG_4108_zpshxpf65gc.jpg

IMG_4112_zpsobwmv7c2.jpg

IMG_4109_zpsomjq4ovh.jpg

IMG_4126_zpsiftu13np.jpg

Section 3 – Camera wiring harness.

Step 1 - Remove the driver’s side and passenger side A-pillars.
Step 2 - Remove the passenger side lower A-Pillar kick panel.
Step 3 - Remove both sun visors, visor clips and grab handles.
Step 5 - Remove the overhead light/sunroof/sunglass holder assembly.
Step 6 – Remove the driver’s side instrument panel fuse cover.
Step 7 – Remove the driver’s side lower instrument panel cover.
Step 8 – Disengage the fuse relay plate from the metal instrument panel frame.
Step 9 – Remove ST1 from the fuse plate and insert repair wire 000 979 021 E into space #4 (SC4). Reinstall fuse block into plate and reattach plate to instrument panel frame. Crimp new wire for power onto the new repair wire coming out of the fuse block.
Step10 – Crimp Ring terminal on end of ground wire and attach to instrument panel frame anchor bolt behind the fuse block assembly.
Step 11 – Size both wires appropriately to run from fuse panel area to where camera on windshield will go routing up the A-pillar and through the headliner. Wrap both wires in fabric loom tape and then secure along existing harness in a-pillar. IMPORTANT: do not interfere with the red crash sensor.
Step 12 – Locate connector 5 on the passenger side relay plate behind the lower a-pillar kick panel. Tap two new wires for the Extended-CAN system into the wires on pin 7 and pin 8. These wires should be OR/BR and OR/GY.
Step 13 - Size both wires appropriately to run from the kick panel area to where camera on windshield will go routing up the A-pillar and through the headliner. Wrap both wires in fabric loom tape and then secure along existing harness in a-pillar.
IMPORTANT: do not interfere with the red crash sensor.
Step 14 – Insert 5 repair wires (000 979 009 E) into the camera connector 1J0 972 930 A (pins 1, 2, 4, 6 and 9). Note – Insert a whole repair wire uncut into pin 6, as the other end will go into the connector for the windscreen heater.
Step 15 – Attach power wire from fuse block to pin 1.
Step 16 – Attach ground wire from fuse block to pin 2 and an additional repair wire 000 979 009 E which will go to the windscreen heater.
Step 17 – Attach CAN wire OR/BR from pin 7 on relay plate connector 5 to camera connector pin 4.
Step 18 – Attach CAN wire OR/GY from pin 8 on relay plate connector 5 to camera connector pin 9. Note – This is a great time to install Highbeam assist as it uses these same two CAN wires.
Step 19 – Insert extra ground repair wire out of camera connector pin 2 into windscreen heater connector pin 2(4B0 971 832).
Step 20 – Insert power wire from camera connector pin 6 to windscreen heater connector pin 1.
Step 21 – Tape everything up with loom tape. This is the hard part making it look pretty.

IMG_4117_zpsnfr64x4x.jpg

IMG_4118_zpsm51gb5ar.jpg

Section 4 – Install camera onto windshield

Step 1 – Install the camera 8T0 907 217 A into the holder on the windshield. Install the new connector into the side of it and also attach the new windscreen heater connector onto the windscreen heater, which is fixed to the glass from the factory.
Step 2 – Re-Attach the rain/light sensor with brand new gel pad. You must use a new one or it wont work properly.
Step 3 – Re-attach the interior rearview mirror (highbeam assist if you are doing that at the same time).
Step 4 – Attach new transition cap 4L0 907 299 AC to mirror housing.
Step 5 – Attach new camera cover cap 4L0 907 299 AB.

IMG_4125_zpsrbluca2o.jpg

Section 5 – Camera Coding

VCDS needed with a licensed VAG-COM cable. The following coding structure is used for the Audi Q5:

7 positions – 7654321

Positions 1&2 – Model

Audi Q5 – 04
Audi A4 – 01
Audi A5 – 02

Position 3 – Region

0 – Rest of world
1 – Only USA
2 – Only Great Britain
3 – Only Japan
Note: If you use “1-Only USA” then you will only have access to the steering wheel vibration setting in the MMI. If you select “0 – Rest of world” then you will have access to the steering wheel vibration setting in addition to “early” and “late” intervention settings. I chose the latter of the two.

Position 4 – Options

0 – Without adaptive suspension/without adaptive cruise control.
1 – With adaptive suspension/without adaptive cruise control.
2 – Without adaptive suspension/with adaptive cruise control.
3 – With adaptive suspension/with adaptive cruise control.

Position 5 – Options

0 – Without Active Steering (PR-1N8)/without navigation.
1 – With Active Steering (PR-1N8)/without navigation.
2 – Without Active Steering (PR-1N8)/with navigation.
3 – With Active Steering (PR-1N8)/with navigation.

Positions 6&7 – OE Trailer provisions

00 – No trailer provisions installed.
01 – Trailer Provisions installed.

Section 6 – Coding the rest of the vehicle using VCDS.

Note: If you attempt to code a module and get a 31-Rejected error, your module either doesn't support the feature (thus needing to change to the correct control module/hardware), or you have conflicting coding int he module that it cannot interpret.

Step 1 – Access 19-Can Gateway>Installation List. Check 5C-Lane Maintainence. Save Coding.
Step 2 – Access 17-Instruments>07 Coding>Long Coding Helper>Byte 4 Bit 6 change to 1. (This is not labeled in VCDS and you will have to change the binary manually)
Step 3 – Access 16-Steering Wheel>07 Coding>Long Coding Helper>Byte 2 Bit 7 change to 1 (This is labeled). And Byte 2 Bit 6 change to 1 (This is not labeled and you will have to change the binary manually). This tells the system active lane assist with heading control is installed but there isn’t a vibration motor in the wheel. If you do not change bit 6 then the system will give you a vibration motor error.
Step 4 – Access 44-Steering Assist>07 Coding>Long Coding Helper>Byte 2 Bit 0 change to 1.
Step 5 – Enter the hidden menu on the MMI to activate the menu system for Active Lane Assist
Step 6 – Car>Cardevicelist>Check “Lane Departure Warning”
Step 7 – Car>Carmenuoperation>Lane Departure Warning – Change from 0 to 5
IMG_4124_zpsnclymsxo.jpg

Section 7 – Calibrating

It is a better choice to have this done at the dealer due to the tools and degree of precision required to calibrate the system properly, but for the sake of information, Ill explain how the process works. VAS-PC or ODIS 2.0, a VAS5054(a) and a VAS6430 are required to calibrate the system. The specs of the VAS6430 can be found online (no I cannot tell you where) and recreated with a vector based graphics program. This board is EXTREMELY PRECISE and it is of the utmost importance that you are as accurate as you can. You are dealing with calibrating a camera that identifies lane markings on the road. Let that one sink in for a minute… The board must be attached to a stand that can be adjusted on all three axis.

Placing the board: Elsa will say the panel must be centered in front of the vehicle and give the distance the calibration board must be from the central axis of the front wheels (150cm), but it does not give the height value. I have found a couple other forums where some individuals had done this retrofit outside of the country. Each one I read had a different opinion on how to do the height of the panel such as:

- Bottom of the board at the same exact height as the wheel arch of the front fenders.
- Central point of the central white rectangle at the same exact physical height of the camera on the car.
- Central point of the central white rectangle 120cm off the floor regardless of the height of the vehicle.

None of these proved to be entirely correct. Two of them would calibrate, but they would calibrate improperly and the car wouldn’t adhere to the lane markings correctly. The third option caused the camera to not recognize lane markings at all.

The dealer’s alignment computer calculates the optimum height value of the calibration panel. It is based on a combination of vehicle model, fender heights (4) and wheel base. Assuming the vehicle is on the floor and not on an alignment stand, The Q5’s calibration board starts at a base height of 140cm from the floor to the center of the white rectangle on the VAS6430. The A4/A5’s start at a base height of 120cm from the floor to the center of the white rectangle. When the vehicle is on an alignment rack, the distance from the contact point of the tires to the floor is added to that value. The heights of the 4 fenders affect the pitch of the camera but that calculation is done in the camera as well as the alignment computer. that pitch will add or subtract centimeters from the base height. It may affect it only a few centimeters, but its enough to cause the camera to not see far enough or lose track of lane markings going up or down hills. Doing a mock calibration first will give the optimum panel height value in the measurement blocks of the camera. Once the panel height is adjusted to this value, the calibration procedure is then run again. Doing the calibration procedure at home will get the system close to where it needs to be and also clear the No Basic Settings error, but it will never be precise enough.

Procedure:

Step 1 – Perform a mock calibration - Place the VAS6430 perfectly center in front of the vehicle. Set it so that the bottom of the panel is around the same height as the bottom lip of the fender. Don’t worry about making sure the panel is centered, perfectly straight or even the right distance from the car. You just want it to be in front of the camera.
Step 2 – Enter VAS-PC or ODIS/Guided Functions/5C-Lane Maintain/Calibration and run through the procedure. It will ask you for the wheel arch height of all 4 wheels in mm. It will then calibrate in less than a minute. You are not done! This is not the real calibration.
Step 3 – Read measuring block #21/Section 4. This number is the “Calibrated height” of the camera. This value was calculated based on the model of the vehicle, the heights of all 4 wheel arches, and the now known pitch of the camera. The height of the panel during the mock calibration has nothing to do with determining this number. Based on my wheel arch height of 819mm, after running the mock calibration it determined my camera has a “calibrated height” of 1468mm (146CM).
Step 4 – Align your panel on your stand so that the center of the white rectangle with the two black circles is PRECISELY the same height as your “calibrated height” as determined above. Everything must be perfectly level!
Step 5 – The calibration board must be 150CM ± 2cm from the central axis of the front wheels.
Step 6 – The calibration board must be perfectly centered in front of the car.
ONCE AGAIN! I CANNOT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT-SAFETY WISE-HOW ACCURATE THESE MEASUREMENTS MUST BE!!!
Step 7 – Again, enter VAS-PC or ODIS/Guided Functions/5C-Lane Maintain/Calibration and run through the procedure. It will ask you for the wheel arch height of all 4 wheels in mm. It will then calibrate in less than a minute.

If all shows successful, then you are done calibrating.

Clear all faults and refresh the system. No errors should be present.

Even after calibrating the system myself, I still went back to the dealer to have it done as I could not get it to be as accurate as it should be. The factory VAS6430 calibration panel, although centered in front of the car, has a micro adjustment knob on the back that tilts the panel on the vertical axis to match the same angle of the rear axle of the vehicle. Although seemingly straight, when the rear axle is bolted into the car at the factory, it may be a few millimeters off. This is the same reason 4 wheel alignments exist. The panel must be perfectly parallel to the rear axle of the car. The camera has an on-line calibration mode that runs where it self calibrates the pitch, yaw, and roll, as it is being used. This is done in the background unbeknownst to the driver of the car. It may not be perfectly accurate at first, so you need to drive with it on for about 20km until the cameras internal gyroscope makes its own necessary adjustments.

Special thanks to Ross-Tech and Robyscom over at audirsclub.it

IMG_2356_zpsth2gta52.jpg

FullSizeRender-1_zpsuzsdve8l.jpg

IMG_2842_zpsk4roibqs.jpeg

FullSizeRender_zpssiu9akq9.jpg

Last edited:

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
So we have been using the Active Lane Assist for the last couple weeks and so far it has been amazing. The only hangup with the feature is the intensity of the steering wheel vibration. In the MY09-12 cars where the vibration motor was in the steering wheel, you could select the intensity in the MMI. In the facelift models (MY13-Current) which use the harmonic whatchamacallit in the electromechanical power steering motor, the MMI only gives a vibration setting of 'On' or 'Off". Reading the measuring blocks of 5C (Channel 10), you can see that from the factory the intensity is set to medium. Do any of you fine individuals happen to have any insight on how to increase the vibration intensity?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Bump for updates in Post #1.

-Uwe-

949BFN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117317
I followed OP's instructions to active Lane Assist on my 2015 S8. The only hardware I had to add, was the steering column assembly with a "Lane Assist" button, which my assembly did not have.
Lane Assist works fine, with one very annoying glitch - the "Lane Assist" icon almost constantly flashes as can be seen in this video:
I have previously asked about this issue on the forum, without finding a solution, so I thought I'll try once more.
I have checked the coding numerous times - all settings are exactly as described, apart from if I add 5C in the device list (Step 1 – Access 19-Can Gateway>Installation List. Check 5C-Lane Maintainence. Save Coding.), I get a communication error along the lines of "no module find"
I noticed that another user who did the same mode on his A6, did not mention this step in his "how to". So I suppose it must have something to do with the vehicle model? Even without enabling 5C in the device list, the system works as supposed to (event the settings in the MMI are available and work fine.)
I had the vehicle at the dealer today. Although they are eager to assist me, they were also unable to determine why the icon keeps on flashing. Sometimes it would stop flashing for a few km. Other times the icon goes out completely, but even then (with no icon) the Lane Assist keeps on working as it should.
Does anyone have any suggestion what else I could try?

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
Module 5C is not for the A6/A7/A8 platform and does not apply in your situation. I do not know why the icon flashes. Perhaps it's a software/hardware conflict or an adaptation channel that needs to be adjusted. I do not have access to a 4G or 4H chassis vehicle so I am unable to speculate beyond that.

949BFN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117317
Thank you Mrclopec. Not often that I get across a challenge like this where I simply unable to find a solution. I suppose it would have helped if we were able to get a scan of an A8 with the function enabled by the factory?

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
...I suppose it would have helped if we were able to get a scan of an A8 with the function enabled by the factory?

Actually, there are plenty of those scans available, but I think the solution to the problem actually resides in the adaptation channels of one or more modules. That information is not in a standard autoscan. This of course assuming the necessary channels are accessible, have been identified by Ross-tech and then subsequently labeled, and if required, access to the proper security code to change them. Lotsa unknown variables here.

Side note: My other thread for Lane Assist on the A6/A7 should be more helpful to you.
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?4461-DIY-Audi-A6-A7-Active-Lane-Assist-Retrofit-DONE

Last edited:

949BFN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117317
Thank you once more. I've studied that thread sentence by sentence many times over. :)

The dealer tried again today to find a solution, but without any luck.

Looks like I'll have to admit defeat.

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
What happens when you make the necessary changes in 10, 16, 44, and 8E, but DO NOT make the changes in 17?

949BFN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=117317
What happens when you make the necessary changes in 10, 16, 44, and 8E, but DO NOT make the changes in 17?

I tried this, but get an error "Audi lane assist: currently unavailable" in the Instrument cluster.

I am sure you're on the something as far the 8E module settings are concerned. I have tried to enable Byte 1, bits 4 and 7 together, but when applying, I get a "Coding rejected Error 31: Request out of Range" error.

You are correct that my S8 doesn't have Side Assist (Lane change assist). I wonder if Active Lane Assist is designed to work without Side Assist / Lane Change Assist? On the other hand, one would expect an error if Active Lane Assist is enabled without Lane Change Assist, if it can't work without the latter.

Edit: I've looked at the price / options list on the Audi SA website. The following options are available:
PCM Assistance package including Lane Change Assistant, Adaptive Cruise Control Audi pre sense plus and Active Lane Assist (not available with code PCH)
PCE Assistance package including Active Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control and Audi pre sense plus (not available with code PCH and PCM)
I.e., Active Lane Assist can be ordered without Lane Change Assist.

I'm convinced that you have identified the source of my problem. Wish we could find a scan of a vehicle with the same (unusual) extras.

Last edited:

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
Well, despite my instructions in my tutorial, most A6/A7/A8 scans I am seeing with ALA enabled by default show that Module 17 Byte 4 Bit 6 is NOT enabled. I would put your coding back the way you had it in 8E as the system was functioning and then I would try to compare scans of other 4G/4H chassis vehicles and look at how their instrument clusters are coded. Look for bits enabled that are not documented in the label file. Perhaps ALA is enabled in your cars instrument cluster in another way.

Reactions: Uwe

Michel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31176
DIY - Audi Q5 Active Lane Assist Retrofit - DONE on A5 8F Cabrio 2013 FL

Hi All,

Today :o i can confirm that the excellent DIY from Mrclopec :thumbs: also works with minor part number adjustments for windshield and rear mirror trim on Audi A5 Cabrio 2012/13 FL - assuming you have ACC. For the different part numbers i however recommend that ETKA or Audi is consulted as they seem to vary based on model year and colors.

Only 2 things to maybe notice is that, if the camera comes from another VIN (purchased 2nd hand as mine) then you may have an VCDS 02797 005 error preventing it from working untill its calibrated (in my case MVB 24 showed 2 VINs and the error before calibration). Also, i can unfortunately confirm Mrclopec in that a "8K0907217 x" does not work (do not accept codes for equipment) so ensure you get a "8T0907217" or "8T0907217 A" camera (Label "8T0907217" actually works and shows as a "8T0907217 A" when scanned).

Thank you Mrclopec and Ross-Tech :o

Below is my latest scan in case anyone can benefit from it.

Code:
Friday,01,July,2016,12:34:31:05031
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86
VCDS Version: 15.7.1.0
Data version: 20150904
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WAUZZZ8F9DN0xxxxx   License Plate: 
Mileage: 26570km-16509mi   Repair Order: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chassis Type: 8F (8R0)
Scan: 01 03 05 08 09 10 13 15 16 17 19 20 26 3C 42 44 46 47 52 53
          56 5C 5F 62 69 6C 72

VIN: WAUZZZ8F9DN0xxxxx   Mileage: 26570km-16509miles

01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
05-Acc/Start Auth. -- Status: OK 0000
08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
10-Park/Steer Assist -- Status: OK 0000
13-Auto Dist. Reg -- Status: OK 0000
15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
20-High Beam Assist. -- Status: OK 0000
26-Auto Roof -- Status: OK 0000
3C-Lane Change -- Status: OK 0000
42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
46-Central Conv. -- Status: OK 0000
47-Sound System -- Status: OK 0000
52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
53-Parking Brake -- Status: OK 0000
56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
5C-Lane Maintain. -- Status: OK 0000
5F-Information Electr. -- Status: OK 0000
62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
69-Trailer -- Status: OK 0000
6C-Back-up Cam. -- Status: OK 0000
72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (J623-CJEB)       Labels: 06L-906-264-CJE.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 906 264     HW: 8K0 906 264 
   Component: 1.8l R4 TFSI  H07 0007  
   Revision: --H07---    
   Coding: 22190012245401022000
   Shop #: WSC 45328 000 104857
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM18TFS0128K0906264 002006
   ROD: N/A
   VCID: 6ED45697B184A24EBF-803A

No fault code found.

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104)       Labels: 8K0-907-379-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 907 379 CH    HW: 8K0 907 379 CH
   Component: ESP8 front    H09 0100  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: --------------
   Coding: 03DD4C
   Shop #: WSC 45328 123 104857
   VCID: 010E1D2B981AAD3652-8054

No fault code found.

Address 05: Acc/Start Auth. (J393)       Labels: 8K0-907-064-05.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 907 064 GD    HW: 8K0 907 064 FD
   Component: BCM2 2.0      H12 0633  
   Revision: 00002001    
   Coding: 03A34000000000000000
   Shop #: WSC 02391 785 00200
   VCID: 78F870CFCBC0ECFE65-802C

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 8K0 959 754 H    HW: 8K0 959 754 H
   Component: FBSAUDIB8 IDG  H71 0083 

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8K0 905 852 E    HW: 8K0 905 852 E
   Component: J764 ELV MLB  H40 0046 

No fault code found.

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255)       Labels: Redir Fail!
   Part No SW: 8K1 820 043 R    HW: 8K1 820 043 R
   Component: KLIMA 1 ZONE  H02 0122  
   Revision: A1000000    Serial number: 01020220130237
   Coding: 642302C800
   VCID: 377AB3F3865E2386AC-8062

No fault code found.

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 8K0-907-063.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 907 063 DF    HW: 8K0 907 063 DF
   Component: BCM1 1.0      H16 0103  
   Revision: 06016001    Serial number: 00000042302801
   Coding: 2600C0108074AFE01781400300001D0D439C23C826090201000005000400020100000040000000
   Shop #: WSC 45328 123 104857
   VCID: 76E47EF7C1D49A8E77-8022

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 8F1 955 119     HW: 8K1 955 119   Labels: 1KX-955-119.CLB
   Component: WWS 280113  H07 0080 
   Coding: 00FD11

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8U0 955 559 B    HW: 8U0 955 559 B  Labels: 8U0-955-559.CLB
   Component: G397_RLFS  H06 0002 
   Coding: 02005D

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 8K0 941 531 AS    HW: 8K0 941 531 AS
   Component: E1 - LDS  H03 0031 

Subsystem 4 - Part No SW: 4G0 907 658 A    HW: 4G0 907 658 A
   Component: Humidity_Sens  H03 0002 

No fault code found.

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446)       Labels: 8K0-919-475.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 919 475 AA    HW: 8P0 919 475 N
   Component: PARKHILFE 8K  H01 0081  
   Revision: 11001001    Serial number: 12531400800438
   Coding: 310002
   Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345

No fault code found.

Address 13: Auto Dist. Reg (J428)       Labels: None
   Part No SW: 8K0 907 561 B    HW: 8K0 907 561 B
   Component: ACC3          H09 0100  
   Serial number: 00000000000000
   Coding: 008189
   Shop #: WSC 06325 123 12345
   VCID: 316E8DEB683AFDB6E2-8064

No fault code found.

Address 15: Airbags (J234)       Labels: 8F0-959-655.clb
   Part No SW: 8F0 959 655 D    HW: 8F0 959 655 D
   Component: AirbagVW-AU10 H12 0430  
   Serial number: 003KGD80D1VJ  
   Coding: 30394135353130303030554A304C38463053
   ASAM Dataset: EV_AirbaA1U0SMEAU485 001004
   VCID: 397EB5CBB84A35F65A-806C

Subsystem 1 - Serial number: 6334MSME7765042DH

Subsystem 2 - Serial number: 6344MSME7775550FP

Subsystem 3 - Serial number: 6352QSME69291674L

Subsystem 4 - Serial number: 6362QSME47291962I

Subsystem 5 - Serial number: 63732SME6D294B528

Subsystem 6 - Serial number: 63832SME6B290C401

No fault code found.

Address 16: Steering wheel (J527)       Labels: 8K0-953-568.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 953 568 M    HW: 8K0 953 568 M
   Component: Lenks.Modul   H04 0005  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: 90372MHG000CC 
   Coding: 0000DE
   Shop #: WSC 06325 123 12345
   VCID: 4480D43FC788781E39-8010

Component: E221 - MFL  H03 0004 

No fault code found.

Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels: 8T0-920-xxx-17.clb
   Part No SW: 8T0 920 930 H    HW: 8T0 920 930 H
   Component: KOMBIINSTR.   H09 0551  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: GDE35J6AA     
   Coding: 0FF718004701000C010101
   Shop #: WSC 00017 780 00200
   VCID: 3B72AFC3BA7607E648-806E

No fault code found.

Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels: 8T0-920-xxx-17.clb
   Part No SW: 8T0 920 930 H    HW: 8T0 920 930 H
   Component: KOMBIINSTR.   H09 0551  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: GDE35J6AA     
   Coding: 0FF718004701000C010101
   Shop #: WSC 00017 780 00200
   VCID: 3B72AFC3BA7607E648-806E

No fault code found.

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)       Labels: 8T0-907-468.clb
   Part No SW: 8R0 907 468 P    HW: 8R0 907 468 D
   Component: GW-BEM 5CAN-M H11 0055  
   Revision: 1Z100027    Serial number: 2741Z1312780DE
   Coding: 80CF00FF00
   VCID: 4C90FC1FEFD8B05EF1-8018

No fault code found.

Address 20: High Beam Assist. (J844)       Labels: 8K0-857-511.clb
   Part No SW: 8T0 857 511 AD    HW: 8T0 857 511 AD
   Component: FLA           H04 0012  
   Revision: AA001002    
   Coding: 02018A64747464545425363E00
   VCID: 7CF06CDFFFF8C0DE01-8028

No fault code found.

Address 26: Auto Roof (J256)       Labels: 8F0-959-255.clb
   Part No SW: 8F0 959 255     HW: 8F0 959 255 
   Component: VSG-AUDI-B8   H12 0190  
   Coding: 010000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ElectRoofCotnr 001008
   VCID: 71EE4DEBA0BABDB6A2-8024

No fault code found.

Address 3C: Lane Change        Labels: None
   Part No SW: 8K0 907 566 F    HW: 4L0 907 566 B
   Component: J0769_SWA_MasterH01 0020  
   Revision: 00H01000    Serial number: 6PZ 009 014-13
   Coding: 0010105
   Shop #: WSC 74565 000 00000
   VCID: 3A7CAAC7754C3EEE53-806E

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 8K0 907 568 F
   Component: J0770_SWA_Slave_H01 0020

Subsystem 2 - Serial number: 6PZ 009 014-33

Subsystem 3 - Serial number: 5F16.08.0800H010003CD10130�

Subsystem 4 - Serial number: D10130�

No fault code found.

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver (J386)       Labels: 8K0-959-793.clb
   Part No SW: 8T0 959 793 P    HW: 8T0 959 793 G
   Component: TSG FA        H09 0304  
   Coding: 011D42725008330C03
   VCID: 56A41E772114FA8E57-8002

No fault code found.

Address 44: Steering Assist (J500)       Labels: 8K0-909-144.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 909 144 F    HW: 8K0 909 144 B
   Component: RCEPS         H37 0507  
   Revision: 00001000    Serial number: 0021207452
   Coding: 100001000001
   ASAM Dataset: EV_RCEPSA4U8X 008014
   VCID: 346084FF9F28C89E89-8060

No fault code found.

Address 46: Central Conv. (J393)       Labels: 8K0-907-064-46.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 907 064 GD    HW: 8K0 907 064 FD
   Component: BCM2 2.0      H12 0633  
   Revision: 00002001    Serial number: 0300455090    
   Coding: 010006A000B900E08130033680000000

No fault code found.

Address 47: Sound System (J525)       Labels: None
   Part No SW: 8F1 035 223 A    HW: 8F1 035 223 A
   Component: DSP Prem      H05 0030  
   Revision: 00005001    Serial number: 94833010375701
   VCID: 1F4A7B530EAE7BC644-804A

No fault code found.

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. (J387)       Labels: 8K0-959-792.clb
   Part No SW: 8T0 959 792 P    HW: 8T0 959 792 G
   Component: TSG BF        H09 0304  
   Coding: 011D40325008330C03
   VCID: 55A6197B3C12F1965E-8000

No fault code found.

Address 53: Parking Brake (----)       Labels: 8K0-907-801-V2.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 907 801 L    HW: 8K0 907 801 J
   Component: EPB-4         H01 0003  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: 10000000165545
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ParkiBrake 001027
   ROD: EV_ParkiBrake_AU48.rod
   VCID: 3878B0CF83402CFEA5-806C

No fault code found.

Address 56: Radio (R)       Labels: Redir Fail!
   Part No SW: 4G1 035 053 F    HW: 4G1 035 053 
   Component: Radio U Basic H41 0122  
   Revision: AB001007    Serial number: 226A-0D7705782
   Coding: 010003010000000101
   VCID: 224C72A73DDC562E6B-8076

No fault code found.

Address 5C: Lane Maintain.        Labels: None
   Part No SW: 8T0 907 217 A    HW: 4E0 907 217 C
   Component: J759 HC             0030  
   Revision: 00H08003    Serial number: 30021160100025
   Coding: 0122002
   Shop #: WSC 06443 128 42138
   VCID: 377AB3F3465E2386AC-8062

No fault code found.

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)       Labels: 4E0-035-6xx-5F.clb
   Part No SW: 8R1 035 670 E    HW: 8R1 035 670 C
   Component: H-BNT-EU      H44 0793  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: 207G-0C7507049
   Coding: 130100030106E9EF3D00A95E00000401040000000000000000
   VCID: 3566B9FB9C52D196BE-8060

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 8R0 060 884 BK
   Component: EUR 2014  1703 

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 8R0 919 604     HW: 8R0 919 604 
   Component: DU7 High  H41 0104 

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 8T0 919 611 K    HW: 8T0 919 611 B
   Component: E0380 Bedient  H02 0030 

Subsystem 4 - Part No: 8R0 060 961 C
   Component: CD-Database  3638 

No fault code found.

Address 62: Door, Rear Left (J388)       Labels: 8K0-959-795.clb
   Part No SW: 8T0 959 795 F    HW: 8T0 959 795 F
   Component: TSG HL        H08 0304  
   Coding: 010000300008370C03
   VCID: 4E94F61719C4824E9F-801A

No fault code found.

Address 69: Trailer (J345)       Labels: 8K0-907-383.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 907 383 E    HW: 8K0 907 383 E
   Component: Anhaenger     H09 0100  
   Revision: 1A001001    Serial number: 00000189413987
   Coding: 0100000000000000
   VCID: 3664BEF78154DA8EB7-8062

No fault code found.

Address 6C: Back-up Cam.        Labels: 8T0-907-441.clb
   Part No SW: 8F0 907 441     HW: 4L0 907 441 B
   Component: J772__Rearview      0040  
   Revision: --H05---    Serial number: 525PA8-J1XB0DD
   Coding: 1030009
   Shop #: WSC 98765 666 38384
   VCID: 67DA23B3567E7306FC-8032

No fault code found.

Address 72: Door, Rear Right (J389)       Labels: 8K0-959-794.clb
   Part No SW: 8T0 959 795 F    HW: 8T0 959 795 F
   Component: TSG HR        H08 0304  
   Coding: 010000300008370C03
   VCID: 4E94F61719C4824E9F-801A

No fault code found.

End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 04:43)--------------------------

Last edited:

prkieffer16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=294301
is there any chance that you could contact me? i just retrofitted the acc and the ala and just as you stated because i bought my camera 2nd hand and its the error i have left.
i wanted to know if there is anyway to get the mvb 24 to remove the 2nd vin prior to calibration. i’m going to try to calibrate myself just to get a better understanding. probably have to go to the dealer anyway.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I would create a new (separate) thread including the original condition -and- current condition Auto-Scans. You can add a link to this thread from the new one regarding the used camera/VIN discussion.

Reactions: Uwe

x431

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=334710
Hi, anyone can help me with the calibration board sheet . thanks

Back