Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create VCDS-Cloud account (IOS)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was back at it tonight with no luck. Tried to reset the VCDS-mobile password by pressing and holding the red button on the interface for at least 20 seconds and tried entering the default "password" and still got the login incorrect message. I tried this with both IOS devices as well as the direct IP through my PC's web browser. After trying all options I noticed that for whatever reason the "incorrect login" message is already present when opening up VCDS-mobile through the app or IP even before entering my first login attempt. Not sure if this helps but at this point I'm stuck.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    After trying all options I noticed that for whatever reason the "incorrect login" message is already present when opening up VCDS-mobile through the app or IP even before entering my first login attempt.
    This sounds like the browser has a login session saved which is no longer valid, since you did a password reset. In principle you should just be able to enter the new password and check "remember me" and it will override the session. If you want to try to eliminate other sessions as a factor, though, you could try this:
    From a fresh boot of the hex-net, open an "incognito" tab or equivalent in your browser and open vcds-mobile through that, entering the default password. Let us know how that goes.

--Shaun

3. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok worked through the password issue.....I had a rogue safari window open on one of the devices.

Was able to get back in and it wants to do a firmware update
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Then it begins updating and then loses communication when rebooting
    [IMG][/IMG]
    So I pass on working further on the update and run a self test:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I then proceed once again with the procedure noted above and when I get to the engine module step it tries to update the ASAM data but says it's not found and continue anyways
    [IMG][/IMG]
    After continuing it says that I am connected to the cloud successfully
    [IMG][/IMG]
    But then hit a wall with the CBDS server error
    [IMG][/IMG]
    One thing I have noted is around the last few steps the hex-net controller light on the far left begins to blink red. Not sure what's going on there with those steps but thought it would be helpful to know.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to reproduce the CBDS error on an ipad mini. If you click the continue anyway button and immediatly go into cloud functions, it will trigger the error. Instead, click continue anyway, wait 10 seconds then click cloud functions.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still running into the same problem. I tried the 10 second rule and tried variations both longer and shorter in duration but am still getting the same CBDS server error

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything else I should be trying?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    What module are you trying to do this with, 01 engine? If you are still getting stuck on trying to create a cloud account I would try to go in through a different module like 03 or maybe 56. The CBDS error is very likely specific to certain modules, so to work around that you can see if you can find a controller that's working. Have you posted an autoscan for this vehicle yet? If not, that would help us figure out why those controllers are having a problem.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you it took a few different attempts with different modules but I finally was able to register my cloud account. Thanks again for the help. The only lingering item for me now is to download the updated ASAM. Not sure how critical this is but it times out everytime. I will follow the other thread regarding this.

13. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    A newbie question regarding one of the prerequisites: what is the preferred way to have "hexnet connected to network to internet"? I ask as I'm having trouble getting to the VCDS Mobile screen in Safari. My iPhone sees the hexnet broadcasting its wifi signal. My iPhone is connected to my home network. The hexnet is in access mode and connected to my laptop which is also connected to my home network. However, when I input the hexnet ip address in safari, I eventually get message "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".

What mode should hexnet be in: Access or Infrastructure? (The hexnet does not appear to broadcast wifi in Infrastructure.)
    Does it need to be connected to laptop and how; NET or USB?

Sorry to ask all these newbie questions; initially it seemed straightforward but, after running into issues, I've watched too many videos and read too many posts to keep it straight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    In order for the HEX-NET to connect to the internet, it needs to be in Infrastructure mode -- a client on some other network rather than creating its own network.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.